Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Something I thought you may want to know

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

While reading another topic and hearing Mattman proclaim he’s on an all-meat diet, I realized I had not informed the board of the following detail:

I am vegetarian.

It’s not that big of a deal. I eat chicken once in a blue moon, and I’m not one of those "meat is murder" vegetarians, I just don’t like the taste of meat. Weird, I guess.

Just to answer the usual questions I get:

– Yes, I drink milk.
    – Yes, I eat eggs.
    – Yes, I wear leather.

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

i’m a level-5 vegan. i don’t eat anything that casts a shadow! [img]images/smiles/converted/lol.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kurticus7:
    <STRONG>i’m a level-5 vegan. i don’t eat anything that casts a shadow! [img]images/smiles/converted/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? I didn’t know there were numerical levels. Or are you joking? You probably are. If not, from what I said, what level am I?

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

your probably a level-2 vegetarian. You drink milk, wear leather, and eat eggs or the occasional chicken but are probably ridden with guilt after having done so. If you apologize to the food before you eat it, but then consume it anways, you’re a level-3 veg.
    Truly believing and understanding "Meat is Murder" is actually the dividing line between vegan and poser vegan. So where do you stand, murderer! [img]images/smiles/converted/lol.gif[/img]

<FONT>[ July 09, 2001 10:30 PM: Message mutated 1 time, lastly by kurticus7 ]</font>

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kurticus7:
    <STRONG>your probably a level-2 vegetarian. You drink milk, wear leather, and eat eggs or the occasional chicken but are probably ridden with guilt after having done so. If you apologize to the food before you eat it, but then consume it anways, you’re a level-3 veg.
    Truly believing and understanding "Meat is Murder" is actually the dividing line between vegan and poser vegan. So where do you stand, murderer! [img]images/smiles/converted/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, like I said, I don’t not eat meat for moral reasons – I just don’t like it.

Javro

Once again ELJ you have made my day with your hugely interesting comments.

How can I thank you?

nick
    Participant

LOL [img]images/smiles/converted/lol.gif[/img]

nick
    Participant

Thought I might share…

I eat healthy. Including chicken, beef, and other’s that cast a shadow.

I however, with all this tofu and soy products immatating meat products, i see being a vegan is not all that hard. I’m not going to try it but I try to eat more veggies and fruit than meat.

Peace…

jeremiah
    Keymaster

I’m a vegetarian although I do eat eggs and milk so I am not vegan. Just no flesh. Worked in a Seafood restaurant for 8 years (during school) so I probably ate enough fish and stakes for a small army. It does not offend me when other people eat meat though as most of my friends do.

Like Nick said, it is a lot easier now with all the Meatlike soy products that are available.

Still wear leather (shoes only) but will opt for the pleather [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img] when it is available and not ugly as ass. Not to mention I wear a size 15 so I take what I can get (thank you Oddball Shoes!)

Don’t preach about it but get extremely annoyed at the ignorant comments some people (usually rednecks) make about it at times. [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I leave you with famous redneck last words : "Hey man, watch this" [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img]

nick
    Participant

"irony?"

I just don’t see what elephant tusks have to do with every one loves jaron!

[img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nick:
    <STRONG>"irony?"

I just don’t see what elephant tusks have to do with every one loves jaron!

[img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

Mattman
    Participant

Even if I were on an all meat diet, it wouldn’t amount to much. I eat to live, not vise-versa. [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

I’m trying to figure out a way to switch to battery power… Just plug into a standard 110v electrical outlet when I sleep at night and I’d be good to go. [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Eating, sleeping… Huge wastes of time in my book. So much more I could be getting accomplished in the time it takes me to do both… [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

By the way Nick, love the sigs… [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mattman:
    <STRONG>Eating, sleeping… Huge wastes of time in my book. So much more I could be getting accomplished in the time it takes me to do both… [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]
    </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with your point on sleeping. I get a grand total of 4 hours a night – MAX!

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

just to clear everything up…the " i’m a level-5 vegan, i won’t eat anything that casts a shadow" is another Simpson’s line and was initially put in by me to stir up the batter, so to speak. Didn’t any one catch that? (and you call yourselves Simpson’s fans, for shame! Hang your heads in silence!) I can’t believe how many posts resulted from my little joke. I’m no vegan. Most vegans i’ve met are so incredibly self rightous that they really piss me off [img]images/smiles/converted/mad.gif[/img] It’s not their ideas (believe what you want), it’s their attitudes. It’s just when they try pushing that crap on me and telling me how bad I suck and that i’m a murderer and that animals have rights that gets me POed. Believe what you want, express your ideas and beliefs to me, i’m very open minded, just don’t tell me that i’m F*CKING WRONG because I enjoy eating hamburger! (umm…hamburger…) Talk about closed minded…My solution for people with that kind of sh*tty attitude…Find an open window and jump! then you won’t have to deal with all the daily attrocities that occur everyday around the world. If you’re veg, vegan, that’s cool…just accept that I enjoy meat. Has anyone heard that if someone finds that an animal is valuable to that person then it should therefore have rights? Well I got news for you, I believe carrots are valuable and should therefore also have a rights. Please stop eating carrots, it’s murder!!! [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Sorry, got side tracked there from my original point…ELJ it was just a joke! [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img] So that sums up that.
    Oh yeah, ELJ and Jeremiah…damn you guys have HUGE feet. Maybe you should talk to whoever gets SHAQ his shoes! [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]
    take it easy guys…kurtis

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

jeremiah…
    I worked at a mung bean sprout farm for nearly a year and if I ever see another mung bean/clover/alfalfa/broccoli sprout again I swear I’ll go insane. So I know exactly where you’re coming from…just on completely opposite ends off the spectrum… [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]
    kurtis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.