Home › Forums › Dinosaur Related Discussions › Dinosaur/J News & Discussions › slacker?
- This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by jeremiah.
November 13, 2000 at 4:10 pm #42937
do you think J likes being labelled a slacker?
I mean, he probably doesn’t care, and i wouldn’t, but what do you reckon he thinks about what is said about him?
‘confusion is sex’November 16, 2000 at 8:15 pm #53219
As any other person I think he appreciates it when someone likes what he’s doing. And as for being labeled a slacker or whatever. It’s best just to shut it out and don’t waste karma thinking about it.
"I want to know God’s thoughts, the rest are details."
-Albert EinsteinMay 26, 2001 at 12:11 am #53220
I have read that J does not like to be called a slacker….
But what do you call a guy who is plastered on the cover of SPIN magazine with headline "Is J Mascis God?" and in the article inside the magazine we learn that he still lives with his parents? The perception of the average person who read that article is predictable. They would think J is a slacker. So what do you think? Was that image calculated. I think so. I think J thought that image was the ultimate cool statement and the height of his achievement as far as presenting him self to the general public!
I don’t think J is lazy. He just seems to like being in control I think. But he seems to gain that control by slowing things down to a pace that makes most people itchy and wanting to scratch. Meanwhile J is busy getting the foundation of what he wants to do just the way he wants it so he can build something nice and sturdy.
The man lives a totally different life from the rest of us! That’s why it’s always cool to check out what he’s doing!
(I hope my dogma did not piss on anyones karma… Sometimes it just runs off with the leash!)May 26, 2001 at 12:48 am #53221
I don’t really think he cares. Very few true musicians, and by that I mean outside of the likes of pop music, really care about image. It’s about music. Now, if someone called his music "slacker music," then I think he might be ticked.May 31, 2001 at 10:40 am #53222
We had a pretty little discussion about this before too – http://www.freakscene.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000019
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)