Home › Forums › Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists › Guitar Room › should J use stratocaster live?
- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 18 years, 6 months ago by simmons.
November 19, 2004 at 11:25 am #47441
anyone else who think warm, round Fender strat single coils would fit excellent to some of J’s songs live? I’d love to hear him play Sludgefeast with a strat. when J play riffs and powerchords, I think a Strat sometimes might sound cooler than a jazzmaster. He can of course use the pedals he normally uses for fuzz/distortion.
has anyone asked J about this?November 22, 2004 at 9:41 am #106100
The jazzmaster is part of what makes J sound like J. I personally hate strats but J did play one when he played with cobra verde.November 22, 2004 at 7:38 pm #106101
what is this he "should" or "can" this or that…
J has one of the most personal, distinctive guitar sounds in R&R.
why would you wanna change that?
he also sounded pretty great using the Strat w/ CV.
it just wasnt that classic DINOSAUR/FOG GUITAR THANGG, tho’.
sNovember 23, 2004 at 9:27 am #106102
I do wish he used the telecaster on songs like Get Me in particular but he did a fine job without it.December 4, 2004 at 12:39 pm #106103
i know J has a distinct sound. my favourite recording where the guitar is absolutely perfect mixed together with drums and bass, is a show Fog show from 2001 oslo. On some other shows, reverb tv show for instance and and bizzarre 97, the jazzmaster does not sound that good in my opinion. it drowns, when it really should be the most distinct thing in the soundscape. maybe just bad recordings.. but I think there are several shows where the guitar not quite makes it through in the soundscape.
I just thought abstract about how different guitar mics would sound on some of J’s tunes. And I found that a singel coin strat with marshall distortion would be cool on sludgefeast for instance.
allright.. just some thoughts..
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)