Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups SETLIST – Melbourne 5th March (SECOND SHOW)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bomber1978
    Participant

OK I’m leaving out songs from "Farm" until my memory is a little clearer !
    Another great show 2nd night in a row in Melbourne, however the ending was hugely disappointing, just as the fast/hard part towards the end of last song Sludgefeast was about to start J’s guitar cut out, not sure if it was a tech problem or if the venue cut him off, I think it was a tech problem, so Lou and Murph kinda just stopped, probably the weakest ending to a Dinosaur Jr show ever, but I guess there’s nothing you can do about it when J’s guitar sound is cut off !
    After the 1st or 2nd song Lou told some person(s) in the front to stop complaining about not being able to hear vocals in front of J’s amps, he asked them who the fuck they thought they had come to see !, and told them do not continue asking / complaining throughout the rest of the show, a song or 2 later he blatantly told them to shut the fuck up !

Awesome show for the 2nd night in a row in Melbourne apart from J’s guitar cutting out just before the ending / hardcore part of Sludgefeast… I would love to know what happened, the strangest most anti-climactic end to any show I’ve ever seen.

PHOTO :
    http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs365.snc3/23548_1344901513683_1565621769_30850466_4450068_n.jpg

Things are a bit muddled after 2 nights in a row and some serious CD/album listening…, the best I can come up with at the moment is :

Pieces
    Imagination Blnd
    Feel The Pain
    Thumb
    Freak Scene
    Budge ?
    Kracked
    Sludgefeast (until it cut out)
    Raisans
    Tarpit ?
    In A Jar
    Forget The Swan

FletcherHonorama
    Participant

I’m new to the bad as of about a month ago, and I didn’t recognise all the songs they played, but I think Plans followed Pieces, and they played I Got Lost at some point, as well as Over It.

Moraiwe
    Participant

I’m pretty confident the list was (in order):

Thumb
    Budge
    Imagination Blind
    Raisans
    Pieces
    Plans
    Crumble
    Feel The Pain
    Over It
    In A Jar
    Freak Scene
    Forget The Swan

encore of:
    Kracked
    Sludgefeast

bomber1978
    Participant
    "FletcherHonorama" wrote:
    I’m new to the bad as of about a month ago, and I didn’t recognise all the songs they played, but I think Plans followed Pieces, and they played I Got Lost at some point, as well as Over It.

I’m pretty certain they didn’t play I Got Lost at either Melbourne show ?

bomber1978
    Participant
    "Moraiwe" wrote:
    I’m pretty confident the list was (in order):

Thumb
    Budge
    Imagination Blind
    Raisans
    Pieces
    Plans
    Crumble
    Feel The Pain
    Over It
    In A Jar
    Freak Scene
    Forget The Swan

encore of:
    Kracked
    Sludgefeast

Remember Lou asked if anyone wanted to hear Tarpit ?, wasn’t that late in the set, and didn’t they then play it or at least go into a song from You’re Living All Over Me ?
    My memory is a little fuzzy after 2 nights !

FletcherHonorama
    Participant
    "bomber1978" wrote:
    "FletcherHonorama" wrote:

I’m pretty certain they didn’t play I Got Lost at either Melbourne show ?

You’re probably right, I must be confusing the show with all the mad listening I did to try and learn some of the songs. Definitely worth doing, but fuzzes my memory up a little.

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Thought it was an awesome gig, my ears are still ringing, LMAO!!

I actually got Lou Barlow’s set list!! I’ll be stashing that one away!!

I would have liked to hear Lightning Bulb or Back to Your Heart, but meh wot can you do!!!

The nite was great til the SUM morons moshing got a lil out or control!! From my fuzzy memory it wasn’t til the encore!! And yes it was a shame about J’s issues!!

I met the guy that Lou was yelling at, LOL… he’d had few, hahaha!! The dude was only asking out of devotion though, I don’t think he meant to offend!! The sound was prob better a lil further back in the venue, than right up the front at ground zero like he and I were at!!! I could feel my ear canal/drums vibrating, hahaha!!! AWESOME!!

I’d luv to say a big cheers to the guys though, thanx J, Lou and Murhp!!! You can still see the passion they have for their music!!!

Cheers
    Tina =D

bomber1978
    Participant
    "teenbies" wrote:
    Thought it was an awesome gig, my ears are still ringing, LMAO!!

I actually got Lou Barlow’s set list!! I’ll be stashing that one away!!

I would have liked to hear Lightning Bulb or Back to Your Heart, but meh wot can you do!!!

The nite was great til the SUM morons moshing got a lil out or control!! From my fuzzy memory it wasn’t til the encore!! And yes it was a shame about J’s issues!!

I met the guy that Lou was yelling at, LOL… he’d had few, hahaha!! The dude was only asking out of devotion though, I don’t think he meant to offend!! The sound was prob better a lil further back in the venue, than right up the front at ground zero like he and I were at!!! I could feel my ear canal/drums vibrating, hahaha!!! AWESOME!!

I’d luv to say a big cheers to the guys though, thanx J, Lou and Murhp!!! You can still see the passion they have for their music!!!

Cheers
    Tina =D

Can you please post what Lou’s setlist you have says ?
    I saw someone get a setlist afer the curtain closed, was that you ? haha

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    DINOSAUR JR
    The Corner Hotel- Melbourne-05/02/2010
    thumb
    budge
    imagination
    raisans
    pieces
    plans
    crumble
    feel pain
    over it
    in a jar
    freak
    swan

Exactly as the set list reads!!! =D

Yeah, that would been me you seen getting a list after the curtains closed!!!

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

also there’s a youtube clip too!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Up7GyhV9Q S8Up7GyhV9Q

bomber1978
    Participant
    "teenbies" wrote:
    Quote:
    DINOSAUR JR
    The Corner Hotel- Melbourne-05/02/2010
    thumb
    budge
    imagination
    raisans
    pieces
    plans
    crumble
    feel pain
    over it
    in a jar
    freak
    swan

Exactly as the set list reads!!! =D

Yeah, that would been me you seen getting a list after the curtains closed!!!

Yeah I saw a photo of a setlist just last night and it was exactly the same, now if I could only just get all the first nights songs in the proper order (at least I remember the songs they played though). What a great 2 nights !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.