December 2, 2001 at 4:27 pm #44784
1) from my interpertations, "Shady Lane" begins with:
"Blind Date was a chancer
We had Oysters and Dry Lancer
But the Check when It arrived
We were Dutch, Dutch,Dutch,Dutch"
What the Hell is to go/be "Dutch?"
From that line, it sounds like they ran away from the resteraunt, an eat and run situation, but from the next few lines:
"a Redder shade of neck
on a whiter shade of trash"
Indicates the man ain’t got no money.
2) Wat the hell happened to all of the pavement websites, all of them appear to don busted.December 2, 2001 at 4:49 pm #66527
K7 Rides AgainParticipant
#1- he says "we went dutch, dutch, dutch"
It’s slang and means they split the bill fifty/fifty.
Redneck and white trash are just slang for poor people, slackjawed yokels, etc.
So yeah, I guess he’s just talking about being broke.
#2- *shrugs shoulders*
[ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: kurticus7 ]</p>December 2, 2001 at 7:07 pm #66528
malkmus and everyone else all hate anything to do with pavement now. while this may not be entirely true, i’m sure they just don’t really care about their website anyway. it was down before they officially broke up, and that was a pretty good clue as to what was about to happen.
however, malkmus has his own website now: http://www.stephenmalkmus.com/. its okay. not that pavementtherockband.com was great or anything either.December 2, 2001 at 9:30 pm #66529
Well, of course pavement didn’t care about their own site, they’re slackers. I’m saying the fan sites seem to be down as well.December 2, 2001 at 9:42 pm #66530
ok, then the answer is that its not cool to like pavment anymore. there is lots of backlash against malkmus going around. people rag on him for being a rich boy and they hate his cheerleader girlfriend. youre not going to get any indie cred by running a pavement website anymore, so everyone has said ‘fuck it’. after all, its all about the image, right?December 4, 2001 at 9:23 am #66531
1.Pavement 2.Ist 3.RadDecember 4, 2001 at 1:35 pm #66532
<blockquote><font>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Robert:
1.Pavement 2.Ist 3.Rad</strong><hr></blockquote>
yeah !! Totally agree with you !!!
if people really let down their fan websites just because other say S.M. is a rich child/has a cheerleader girlfriend and this is not ‘indie’……..well IMHO it’s stupid behaviour, he can do whatever he wants I liked what he did with Pavement, I like what he does now, I’m not gonna change my mind because of stupid rumours about his own private life. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]December 6, 2001 at 10:20 am #66533
and so to la guerre….
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)