Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups San Diego, June the 12th

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    AGAP
    Participant
    "*sophie*" wrote:
    he took a pic of the track lists, lots of other pics of the show and brought back a bunch of crap for me (like j’s little plastic stuff to play guitar -sorry i dunno the english word- and a drum stick).

there’s also videos but i have no idea how to share them ?

OT : the game on the radio is about singing a song and then they cut the playback and when they put it on again you gotta be right in time. i fell on an old french song, a pure crap but i won 8)
    they wanted to offer to em the whole collection of buffy and the one of angel but i asked if i could get something else…. i hate these series :evil:
    and my mum asked me about who was the secret love about a coupe of hours ago on the phone and i told her she talks too much for me to tell her ! :P

Thanks tons for uploading those pics, got rid of the extra one for you…looking forward to the rest!

That video deal sounds pleasing, maybe Anthony of freesofree.net could help you out with a place to upload that & instructions on how to go about doing it. Would love to see video of the new J & The Fog 8)

Congrats on that contest win, with you on wanting alternate choices for the prize, understand completely how you feel about those shows :twisted: :wink:

SG
    Participant

Thanks Sophie :D :aliensmile: 8)

Annastefka
    Participant

Sophie, you said you wish you were the Freak there, but guess what you were the FREAK HERE!!!! 8)

Yes, first photo is classic J in the "J zone" and the close-up is great.

You are such a Freak, you managed to produce photos from a show you did not see.

I never take my good camera with a good lens to these shows because I want to have a good time and not worry about it getting broken or kicked, that has happened to me many years ago with a very nice camera, so I use cheap ones but these shots make me want to change my mind.

Annastefka
    Participant

Oh, ammaringnyc, you may have to wait a while for your pedal question to be answered. At the 40 watt show a friend of mine had to leave before the show was over. A few days later he asked me "Did he play that Jazzmaster all night" I couldn’t answer him, uhhhh, I’m not sure, from the photos it looks like he played the same guitar , and he didn’t bust a string, I am enjoying the music but not paying a lot of attention to the guitar, isn’t that terrible for a lot of musicians out in Freak Scene to hear that. I do pay attention to the PLAYING of the guitar just not the actual guitar. I mean Honda, Toyota, they all do most of the same things right?

You can start throwing tomatos now, ouch, uggh, splat, yuk :roll:

mike williamson
    Participant

Yes, ammaringnyc…At the LA show, he had his big pedalboard….And one other pedal attached to the side. I forget what they’re called, but it dropped the pitch an octave. He used it for some solos on ALONE. Yery heavy, low end solos…

Mike

*sophie*
    Participant
    "Annastefka" wrote:
    I never take my good camera with a good lens to these shows because I want to have a good time and not worry about it getting broken or kicked, that has happened to me many years ago with a very nice camera, so I use cheap ones but these shots make me want to change my mind.

that’s why i had my hubby doing the job and not me :lol:

"Annastefka" wrote:
    You are such a Freak, you managed to produce photos from a show you did not see.

thank you 8) :lol:

*sophie*
    Participant

i just added the pick of the set list.

the hidden ones are Lung, Mike’s and Sameday.

simmons
    Participant

thanks for the pictures. :D

and hopefully the video turned out ok, too.

that purple onehad no inscriptions when I got one in 2001, but it had in 2002. the purple plectrums are 1,14 mm and are made by Jim Dunlop. I think J has used them a long time.
    Besides the purple ones, he has also had blue plectrums with the ‘start choppin’ drawing on during the ‘Where you been’ tour.

good you managed to get so much out of a concert you weren’t at :D

rambleon
    Participant

thanks to your hubby … j is currently in the zone + tiled on my desktop … :aliensmile: :aliensmile:

*sophie*
    Participant

yeah…. my monkey is great ! :mrgreen:

i bet j thought my love was gay and had a crush on him :lol:

because he felt the need to tell him "don’t worry it’s not for me, it’s for my wife" !

kracked873
    Participant

great pics so great he’s playing tarpit again

nair
    Participant

ammaringnyc + mike w,

J rented the Marshall cabs, that was the SIR case. He had his own Bradshaw pedalboard and racks, the extra pedal was an MXR Blue Box octave fuzz.

*sophie*
    Participant

wow, that’s a precise reply !!!! :shock:

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.