Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Rolling Stone top 500 albums

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

SG
    Participant

simmons
    Participant

I have many albums I find better ,but I have the slim shady album of course. :aliensmile:

Robert
    Participant

I’ve got 88 of those, some of them are amongst my favorites, like the pavement, mc5, stooges records, but definetely missing some!

buckingham rabbit
    Participant

I counted 80.

This list is retarded. GREEN DAY–DOOKIE AT #193???? Then there’s stuff like Oasis, the Strokes, White Stripes, Alanis Morrissette, and the Red Hot Chili Pepper’s Californication!!

And maybe this is a semantics issue, but an "album" is not a greatest hits collection or an anthology. It’s a set of new songs by one group/person. (I would even consider a live album an album, in a less official way–but more so than a greatest hits comp.)

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

…..and somehow, for some reason, they "forgot" to include any Dinosaur Jr. album (or did I miss it) …. :? :shock: (and I agree with BR on the album/compilation issue)

AGAP
    Participant

I can’t bring myself to check out the whole 500, gave up after 200 :wink:

Shame about the no Dinosaur Jr, guess Green Days Dookie was just so much better…NOT :P :twisted: :!:

That compilations /anthology albums are included is ridiculous, agree they shouldn’t be part this list.

rolling stone was cool 30 years ago. and hense, most of the love is for records that are 30+ years old.

malcom
    Participant

Um. . . how often do they feel the need to do this shit?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.