Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Repping freakscene while protesting at the RNC

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Pelt Sematary
    Participant

Hey, SG!

Quote:
    I read yesterday Johnny Ramone supports Bush what`s up with that?

Yup, it’s true that Johnny Ramone is a Bush-supporting republican. Actually, when the Ramones were inducted into the R’N’R-Hall of Fame, his speech ended thus: "God bless America, God bless president Bush!".
    Check also this out:
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/entertainment/20040311-085521-1823r.htm
    He also is reported to consider Reagan the "best president the US ever had" – and rumors even went so far as to claim that he’s the owner of a KKK-membership card… All this apparently gave extra tension to the already troubled intra-band relationships, especially w/ Joey who was pretty much on the opposite of the scale… which is, from what I know and think, also kind of where I would locate dear ol’ J…

SG
    Participant

A guy that used to be in the Circle Jerks made some racist comments several years ago in a where are they now punks article.We always think of punk rockers as being leftist but that might not always be the truth.Take jazz for example;Lionel Hampton was a big republican,Charles Mingus idolized him but I really doubt Mingus was republican.

Robert
    Participant
    "maxini" wrote:
    "Robert" wrote:
    oi maxini, how’s life in czechia :?:

Doing swell here, thanks for asking. Well work-wise things were a bit slow at first but now I’m really getting into the project I’m working on – and off-work I’m seeing a woman from Belgium who’s a musicologist in the process of writing a thesis about the Czech composer Leos Janacek. Her comment when I played her "the Lung" was sth like "Oh, I don’t dislike it, but the person singing sounds like he wants to be a really tough macho guy although he’s really a soft little teddy bear" :roll:

Och hur staar det till i Norge?

Good to hear you’re doing well both on and off work. Especially the off work part, must be good to have something worthwile to do when you’re not constructing nuclear bombs. Seems you’ve got some conversion to do on the dino part though :D Also, how is czechia compared to sweden?

Livet i norge går kanskje mot sin slutt, har blitt tilbudt jobb i stockholm av alle ting, så mulig jeg drar dit for å passe på landet mens du er borte. Vi får se. Bortsett fra jobbing er det fortsatt sluta tjata, bara supa som gjelder. Selv om det blir mindre tid til det.

maxini
    Participant

So, you might end up in Stockholm. Well let’s go for a drink if we should happen to be there at the same time.

As far as Sweden compared to Czech rep… I could write loads but I’m too tired for it now. Let’s just say that there are lovely people and idiots no matter where you go – and an idiot often comes in the shape of a bureaucrat here.

By the way.. the best Czech band I’ve heard thus far is Uz Jsme Doma – and they’re totally awesome!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.