Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic rename win.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anthony
    Participant

something cool i just learned…. when you try to re-install windows it probably wont let you. just rename the win.com file to win.whatever and you can reinstall windows on top of windows still keeping your current settings.

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

Yes, that’s a neato renaming trick.

Tommorrow, I will explain to everyone how to change the startup/shutdown screens by renaming another file! [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deepsludge:
    <STRONG>Still waiting…ahh hey you know what I wanna do . I know you can do it ,just don;t know how . Down there to teh left on teh start button , yeah there , i wanna change it to another word . I’ve seen it done before , and I’m all for causing any damage if I have to go into the registry or anything…Actually just need to go into the registry for anything if you have any ideas . Thanks Jaron . [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wowza… that’s a good one deepsludge. My first suspicion was it could not be done, but if you’ve seen it done… hmmm. Perhaps Matt’ll know, if not, I’ll try and find out for you today.

[img]images/smiles/converted/confused.gif[/img]

Anthony
    Participant

to change the start button …..
    http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/791/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.