Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Reissues with Bonus Tracks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

rd
    Participant

Rolling Stone reported that the reissues of the early Dinosaur Jr. CD’s (Dinosaur, YLAOM, Bug, and Fossil) will be issued with bonus tracks. Does anyone happen to have any idea about what these bonus tracks will be?

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=17393

simmons
    Participant

no idea except from what RollingStone mag is writing. could it be stuff we haven’t heard before…?

sounds cool anyhow :D

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

I think even if it’s just b-sides and stuff we’ve heard before, any J. release is an excellent release in my mind.

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey rd, thanks a lot for the link! :)

I’m really curious about these reissues :aliensmile:

Quote:
    "We have much more new material with Dinosaur Jr. than Deep Wound,"

… so there’s some room to hope for a few new Dino tracks :? :?:
    But, like Jaron says: Even if the bonus tracks were ‘just’ former b-sides, non-album tracks or live material – they will be Dino releases, anyway :P

grocery boy jr
    Participant

I know my Dinosaur, and YLAOM CD’s already have bonus tracks. Dinosaur has "bulbs of passion" on the end and YLAOM has "show me the way." It’s really irritating too, to isten to YLAOM and the Frampton song slaps me in the face after those noise tracks. I never had Dinosaur without the bonus track, so I didn’t even know for a long time, which is irritating. Those old CD’s were already reissues.

simmons
    Participant

both my vinyls of "Dinosaur" and "YLAOM" are one song shorter than my cd versions. But I can never imagine that the bonus on the new reissues will be "bulbs of passion" and "show me the way"…

Anyway, except for the Deep wound bonus tracks, the dinosaur jr tracks are hopefully something that never have been on any b-side before. And it probably is, cause it would be strange if the reissue of "Dinosaur" for instance would contain b-sides and other stuff from the nineties… ( there were quite many singles)

my guess is that the reissue if "Dinosaur" will be filled with some Deep Wound tracks. "YLAOM" with live tracks from the period around 87 and "bug" with more live stuff… "Fossils" I don’t know…more live stuff maybe…? :lol:

Anyway, I find it quite surprising if the bonus tracks aren’t material that already circulate as bootlegs.

SG
    Participant

I think you can fit YLAOM,Bug, Keep The Glove,and the 3 songs from Just Like Heaven ep on one cd 8) I think it`s great to have these reissued,I noticed the other day that there`s very few Dino cd`s available in the record stores around here.

rambleon
    Participant

we want more live tracks !

pelagius42
    Participant

dinosaur jr cds are hard to find where i live…most stores dont have any…
    i went to a store on saturday that had two-earbleeding country and bbc/radioo sessions…and those are the only ones i’ve seen in years…(also i own the only copy of dinosaur i’ve ever seen, and my friend owns the only copy of YLAOM i’ve ever seen as well…)
    maybe i should’ve bought them…but i was looking for other stuff that day…most notably sebadoh…i was dissappointed on that count too…this sux…

this whole reissue thing is good i think…if they really will be easy to find…i know some band reissues are impossible to find anyways (ie. Meat Puppets 80s albums…i’ve seen maybe 3 ever)…heres hoping i can finally get YLAOM and Bug…

sludgemaster
    Participant

pelagius has a good point…in my town you cant get any dinosaur cds anywhere….sebadoh too actually…everywhere has without a sound and ear bleeding..thats it….i had to digout my copies of other albums and i still cant get ahold of everything i want…i think its a good thing that theyre reissuing the oldies.

Aatos
    Participant

yea, its hard to find good cd:s here in helsinki too.

simmons
    Participant

I’ve never had problems finding albums in bergen or oslo. Except I haven’t seen the first album in seven years or so. The people running the cdshops in norway have so great taste they always make sure to order big stocks of dinosaur cds.. :mrgreen:

sludgemaster
    Participant

lucky bastard

rd
    Participant

There’s not much new information here but it does give the tracklisting for the 2 Deep Wound CD’S.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/03-02/11.shtml#story2″>http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/03-0 … tml#story2

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.