Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions reissues on Merge & new J album later this year on Merge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

bob
    Participant

I just read this in the new issue of Magnet. This is great news! This is a label that will do the reissues and J justice. :D :shock:

rd
    Participant

Cool, i found this thread at the Merge Records page. Someone from the label posted but said "no comment" on additional material for the reissues.
    http://forums.mergerecords.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=256″>http://forums.mergerecords.com/phpBB2/v … .php?t=256

simmons
    Participant

so there will be a new album, later this year. that is great news. :)
    just waiting for the offical confirmation… :)

the reissues, especially the first the album, will make a lot of people happy. :D hope someone thinks of sending J some of the better stuff from the 18 bootlegs I read about in another thread.

SG
    Participant

:D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :aliensmile: :aliensmile:

J is now labelmates with The Buzzcocks,Superchunk,Versus,Karl Hendricks Trio,Rock*A*Teens,etc. 8)

bob
    Participant

not to mention crooked fingers and neutral milk hotel

jeremiah
    Keymaster

all that + they are based in NC :P

FlyingCloud
    Participant

wow, very cool & promising :shock: :mrgreen: :!:
    I’m very much looking forward to details…

bob
    Participant

yeah I hear you. free so free was the first time I was ever dissapointed with J (not that it doesn’t have it’s moments) but I have a really good feeling about this one, plus Merge should give him a better budget and better promotion

zulkiflye
    Participant

Wow! that’s great :D . I’m looking forward to get all the early stuffs. anyway, it’s hard to get d.jr material here in my place. :( . thanxs bob for your info. i can’t hardly wait. :)

"guessing what the world, but who is listening"

Annastefka
    Participant

Jeremiah, you said "all that + they are based in NC :P

I say a big yes to that ! I wanted to invite all of those who are interested in Music and NorthCarolina to meet us at the leaf festival in May, bring your instruments and come. LEAF was voted one of the top music festivals in the USA at this time. I know it is kind of Hippie but hey, Nothing like listening and playing music until 4am and then being dragged up to meditation and Yoga at 9am then have a big Veggie breakfast and then it is time to start having another great day. Children have there own Jam areas, check it out http://www.theleaf.com”>http://www.theleaf.com All musicians of all types to be found there. P.S. A Big yes to reissues, sorry I got off subject. Oh no, another apology, perhaps I should go back on that medication?

rambleon
    Participant

good going eagle-eye bob :wink: … this is great news indeed :aliensmile: :aliensmile:

rambleon
    Participant

speaking of recording, does anyone know if bob’s place is back up + running ?? jeremiah ??

ammaringnyc
    Participant

I saw you posted a link to it on the merge bulliten.

simmons
    Participant

will the reissues be released in Europe aswell?

Bucky Ramone
    Participant
    "simmons" wrote:
    will the reissues be released in Europe aswell?

From the Merge Bulletin Board (for the link see one of the first posts):

Quote:
    Merge releases generally get to Europe through Touch & Go, unless they are liscensed directly to labels over there. Touch & Go uses a variety of distributors in Europe and the UK (Cargo, Green UFOs, etc etc), depending on what country you are in.

as far as Dinosaur Jr goes, we will only be responsible for releasing the records in North America, but as rumormill stated J and his peeps are most likely trying to work out liscensing deals for the rest of the globe.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.