Home › Forums › General Discussions › Bootleg Trading › Ray Barbee Band
- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 18 years, 4 months ago by Frassati.
February 1, 2005 at 10:20 am #47613
Hey you all. Because of this forum I found that a lot of you got into Dinosaur Jr. through old skateboarding video’s. One of the classic skateboarder’s was Ray Barbee and one of the Fellow Dino heads turned me back on to him.
Well, he also makes music too and has an album called Triumphant procession. It came out in 2003, so it’s not necessarily new. It’s all instrumental with six tracks on it. It has a mixture of hip hop beats and jazz beats. The use of the xylophone (sp?) is quite unique to his music. Over all it is up beat and well composed. He plays everything except horns and the marimba. All guitar, xylophone, bass drums, electric drums are done by the man. Now, who esle do we now of that plays virtually every instrument? duh, I don’t know, J Mascis?
Well, I highly recomend this album, I’ve played it over and over all week. you can find it on amazon or barnes & noble or the manufacuer
Well, I hope you find some great music!February 2, 2005 at 11:08 am #107316
I liked that album when i still had it 1-2 years ago, but ive lost it somewhere. I think it reminds a little bit of Dj Shadow, though this is more jazzy and i like it better. I think Ray Barbees music is exactly like his skateboarding, "easy summer cruising"…(i mean that his skateboarding looks easy, not that it would be easy…)February 2, 2005 at 11:39 am #107317
he had the smoothest shove-its and kick-flips back in the day.
so effortless looking.
cool he’s making music now, i’ll have to see if i can check it out sometime.February 2, 2005 at 2:20 pm #107318
All right All right! I always wanted to be a part of the Ray Barbee Fan Club! Looks like we got one going.
Here are some other cool lonks related to Ray B.
thefirmskateboards.net – You can find old interviews, they have the one where he fist became pro.
powellclassic.com – Will delight any old skate board fan. YOu can find all the old advertisments for any powell skater. Some date back to the 70’s.
artofskateboarding.com- A place where collectors can display there collections on the net. There is also a forum similar to this one. Tony Hawks first board in mint condition can fetch as much as $6000.00
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)