Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Rarest bootleg vinyl……

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    stonebeliever
    Participant

what do you think?

The only dino boots on VINYL are, to my knowledge;

‘1993 john peel sessions’ 2×7″ BLACK VINYL
    ‘what the fuck’ 7″ BLACK & RED VINYL
    ‘radio rucus’ 7″ BLACK VINYL
    ‘quest’ 7″ BLACK VINYL
    ‘die barney die’ 7″ MARBLED VINYL
    ‘fuzzy blast’ LP BLACK VINYL

Never seen any other colour variants then them ~ has anyone??

rarest i’d say is the ‘barney’ one (although i notice one on ebay as i type) & the red vinyl ‘what the..’ (only one i’m missing, it does exist-seen it,never seems to turn up tho’ anyone here got it or a spare?!)

empire3

Looks right to me…..
    Never seen that red what the fuck ? – would love that one…..

– there’s a cover variant for quest(pink & orange)

Think the higher powers on freakscene.net are looking at a discography this year so we can get everything on there one day which will be nice reference to have ! 🙂

mind_glow
    Participant

I got this one LP called “No freak scene”
    http://www.popsike.com/DINOSAUR-JR-NO-FREAK-SCENE-ASTORIA-LONDON-1988/150464179306.html

Never seen a red What the fuck.

stonebeliever
    Participant

weird man. i’ve just noticed that on popsike too, i guess just as you were posting!
    that blew me away. i have NEVER seen/ heard of that until now (20+ year dino head), you got a bargain there methinks! 🙂
    will gladly help out on the discography thing ~ got a bunch of rare dino stuff (inc.the 1 sided white label 7″ ‘whacked’ version promo of freak scene =P~)

mind_glow
    Participant

I bought that one of eBay as excellent condition. But when I got it the record was broken and glued together. Got a full refund but I rather had a working LP.

never heard of the censored Freak Scene 7″ either…

stonebeliever
    Participant

What a bummer! is the one you bought the one thats on popsike? i’d say thats beyond rare actually.
    strange.
    yeah the FS W/L has to be the holy grail.

empire3

Id love a test 7″ freak scene I have seen it quite a few times repulsion and just like heaven 7″ ive seen less. Ive tried to buy freakscene before but they wouldn’t ship to the uk….and just like heaven 7″ test was silly money.

I think the rarest vinyl I’ve seen is that just like heaven sprayed cover 12″… That is special

mind_glow
    Participant

No, thats not the one I bought. I only paid like £10.

I thought I got every 7″ there was. Now there’s 2 more to get, plus the yellow??? Freak Scene…

stonebeliever
    Participant

the freak scene i’m talking about isnt a standard test pressing as such its a 1 sided promo 7″ (its a white label) of the censored (‘whacked’) version (uk blast first # nfuk-1) i got it at the time ’88.
    I’m missing the yellow FS too (does it exist? – kinda gets a bit bit blurry with all the sst 7″ colours, the mythical ‘teal’ JLH, etc)

stonebeliever
    Participant

blockquote>mind_glow said: No, thats not the one I bought. I only paid like £10.

maybe i’m missing something here – does this turn up at all? anywhere?

mind_glow
    Participant

Thats the two 7″ we’re not sure if they exist. The Yellow Freak Scene and teal JLH.
    I got a clear Freak Scene a couple of weeks ago. I wasn’t sure about that one either until then.

Thats the only time I’ve seen “No freak scene” for sale. I think it was listed as Dinosaur Jnr and thats why I got it cheap.

empire3

That freakscene is awesome ! I want it 🙂

Yea the ones I’ve seen were just ‘normal’ test pressings,
    I might ask the people on Discogs who have JLH teal and FS yellow to send me a scan….

I think the just like heaven Teal is just green(god, how many times have I typed that) I have ‘ I don’t think so ‘ in two slighty different versions of green so that’s probably the same …

stonebeliever
    Participant

speaking about promo edit 7″ do you have / know about ‘the wagon’ (uk blanco y negro) 7″ promo, only discernible by the matrix # (NEG-48-DJ), some with PS (promo sticker on front / ‘special DJ edit’ on back) ??

stonebeliever
    Participant

empire! how do you’re 2 ‘i don’t think so’ vary?

empire3

Yep I’ve got that one I also have a get me promo ( which is the same as the normal one but has slighty different text on the back)
    Ive got 53 7″ singles & I’m single there’s synergy … 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.