Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic R.I.P. Joe Strummer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Long Distance Drunk
    Participant

http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Music/1 … index.html
    Man, I was even considering heading to Cleveland for the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame thingy. First Joey Ramone, the Dee Dee, now Strummer…

FlyingCloud
    Participant

oh my, that is sad news :cry: :cry: :cry:

wireland
    Participant

this is indeed sad news. as soon as i heard this i busted out my whole clash catalogue. i know what i’ll be listening to all day.

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Sad news indeed, heard it on Dutch radio this morning, they played "London Calling" as a tribute, and then continued with their normal show, an alltime top 1000 or something, the next song the played was Queen’s "Another one bites the dust" :oops:

I didn’t care that much for the Clash until I bought ‘London Calling’ the day it came out, remember putting in on, and it didn’t leave my record player for about a month…. It is still one of my alltime classic albums….

RIP Joe :(

AGAP
    Participant

Damn :shock: :cry: :cry:

RIP :cry:

OSX
    Participant

i’m a big fan of the clash/joe strummer/nick jones/ topper headen / paul simonon. this is truly sad. i’m happy and greatful to have seen the clash when i was in high school and college.

:|

malcom
    Participant

DAMN!, Is it just me, or are musicians are dropping like flies this year?

fata morgana
    Participant

A wake is in order… R.I.P. It’s so silly, I was thinking about him today, just this afternoon. I was thinking of the lyrics to London Calling–"The Ice Age is coming–The sun zoomin’ in" and the Radiohead lyrics of the song, Idiothèque, I used for my Avatar.

wireland
    Participant

amalcom……only the good ones are dropping. why couldn’t the backstreet boys bus plunge off a cliff?! but joe strummer?! and he was only 50. :( :(

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

HISTORY LESSON (PART II) – THE MINUTEMEN

our band could be your life
    real names be proof
    me and mike watt
    we played for years
    punk rock changed our lives
    we learned punk rock in hollywood
    drove up from pedro
    we were fucking corndawgs
    we’d go drink and pogo
    "mr narrator!"
    this is bob dylan to me
    my story could be his songs
    i’m his soldier child
    our band is scientist rock
    but i was e bloom
    then richard hell
    joe strummer
    and john doe
    me and mike watt
    playing guitar

Sad coincidence: Joe Strummer died on the same day as D. Boon from the Minutemen (1985)….. :cry:

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

He left in style….

Quote:
    A rebel to the last, Strummer’s coffin was adorned with a Stetson and stickers reading "Vinyl Rules" and "Question Authority"

:roll:

AGAP
    Participant

Joe Strummer memorial forest…Future Forest :aliensmile:

I’ve heard a horrifying rumor, bruce springsteen wants to take Strummers place and sing with The Clash at their induction into the hof :shock: All apologies to springsteen fans out there but…NO NO NO :slap: Lots of others to choose from, Jimmy Pursey from Sham 69, guy from the pogues, anybody but… :P :roll: :wink:

maxini
    Participant

NO WAY :shock:

Mick Jones would never go along with that.. or would he?? uffff :roll:

malcom
    Participant
    Quote:
    guy from the pogues,

That’d board on Ironic, since Strummer replaced him in the Pogues. Still. . .better Ironic than Moronic

AGAP
    Participant

Hopefully Mick Jones just says NO WAY :wink: I can’t imagine the horrifying outcome if he doesn’t, makes no sense at all :!:

It would be like The Ramones with robert plant on vocals, The Stooges with barry manilow instead of Iggy, Husker Du with brian adams, X with celine dion… :roll: :twisted: :?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.