Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Q&a Dinosaur Jr’s J Mascis – On new album I Bet On Sky, reuniting, touring with Blur & much more

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Q Magazine interview with J

You’ve always done things outside Dinosaur Jr – your solo album, instrumental band Heavy Blanket, soundtracks, etc – will that continue?
    “Oh yeah. Probably.”

Anything in mind?
    “Not right now… I have an Oi! Band in the works.”

Really?! Who with?
    “[ long pause] Oh. Just some friends.”

Full article : http://news.qthemusic.com/2012/08/qa_dinosaur_jrs_j_mascis_-_on.html

King Tubby
    Participant

I’ve been wanting an interviewer to ask J whether relearning the Bug songs impacted his songwriting on the new album. But I already know what his answer would be:

“Uh……..no……..”

Obseqio
    Participant

Some disturbing stories there!!!! Watch the Corners sounds really good!!

empire3

The track Stick A Toe In harks back to tracks like Thumb and Get Me from 1993’s Where You Been a bit……….

Honestly these guys missed the fog albums? 🙂 is my favourite song on the album though !

empire3

Has anyone ever seen an interview with J or Lou where they lets us behind the curtain so to speak, I would like to read how they go about the creation of a song from conception to end???

Where did the Out There riff come from? Why is Rude a fast pop punky song & not recorded acoustic or the other way round?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.