Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Fossils Punk Rock Aerobics

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

passion
    Participant

Allison…thanks for the nice words…you made me feel better…
    Kerb-dogma…i agree with you! I wasnt talking about this kind of being selfish though but for the fact that we -as people- act generally a bit selfish…
    …yeah sometimes i feel just a "stupid" fan you know what i mean…J doesnt seem to "care" about us…he doesnt "write " here very often(if this J is he anyway…) he hasnt said anything about the things we have sent him…
    I guess we care a bit for him…at least i fell this way…i am not here"just for my self"…i mean i do care thats why i wanna know things about him… [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Jeremiah,

Well said, gotta love that trained seal deal…so true!!! Have seen more than a few reviewers who ask the same old tired questions and fall back on the slacker stereotype when J doesn’t perform up to their expectations…swine [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Passion it is J who is funding this site for us and definitely J who is mailing the most recent news to Jeremiah…very cool [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

So I second what Jeremiah said, say hi and express your appreciation for the great work that J does when you see him.

Allison [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ps The sense of humor thing is why I would feel comfortable mentioning the BEARS [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: Another Girl Another Planet ]</p>

SG
    Participant

I agree on the well trained seal thing as well,critics and reviewers think musicians have the answers to the universe and insist on getting them.

Matty qui-9
    Participant

Allison,
    a sick day is a good suggestion. An acoustic show would certainly be a different experience. I went to the release party for Without A Sound at the Iron Horse (a really small club) in Northampton MA and the show was so loud that I thought my ears were going to bleed. it was a great show though. legend has it that the Iron Horse banned J from ever playing electric there again, but who knows.
    go bears
    mat

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Mat,

Gotta love that kinda legend, banned from ear bleeding guitar playing…the nerve [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I’d say a sick day is required, hope you enjoy the show. If you check under the band info menu on the left->links->multimedia links and scroll down you will find a link to a whole acoustic show from London last year. Amazing show, think it was September 2000 b4 More Light came out. Sure you would like it, over an hour long [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Go BEARS

Matty qui-9
    Participant

Allison,
    I totally lucked out going to that show. I was at this record store in NOHO and there was a little sighn in the window announcing the Without a Sound record release show. It wasn’t advertised in the paper that week though. I walked across the street to the box office that sells Iron Horse tickets and picked some up. The show was listed in the paper (the valley advocate) the next week and sold out in like 2 seconds. it was a cool show, but loud. Another great show was at Amherst College, w/ sonic youth, J was sick and couldn’t really sing so he played guitar like i’d never seen or heard (at least live) him play before. They turned a couple of living all over me tunes into long instrumental jams. very cool.

the pack is going down
    mat

passion
    Participant

…I DO LIKE WHAT JEREMIAH SAID! we all know the jernalists job and all about that…we see it every day at the news…(and not only)…
    Jeremiah your words made me feel better! Iwill say hi next time…but we surely "need" him more around here…i know that every one of us has his life …his job …his hobbies …his wife (her husband)…not free time for the others…but…i sugest we (all) try to find it…so that we can share more…
    Kerb-dogma i see what you mean…i guess the beginning would be hard for me too(if i had the change to talk to him)…but if he gave me the impression that he d wanted to talk… i wouldnt have a problem! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Rich
    Participant

i am reminded of a black sabbath story, they were supposed to play this gig somewhere in the midwest and it got canceled anyway a journalist had already written his review of the show and it got printed in the paper the next day,

it just goes to show that usually when a journalist gives a bad review he doesnt like the band, and is never going to like them no matter how good they perform

buckingham rabbit
    Participant

one time when he was on ‘alternative nation’ didnt that lameass kennedy try and interview him, but he just sat there and said nothing? was it on that show this happened? anyway, i think that’s great.

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Buckingham Rabbit,

There is a hilarious interview with 120 minutes in the multimedia section, /interviews/cameos check the links on the left of the page. Mark Lanegan, Mike Johnson and J, the interview guy sucked in such a huge way but J was cool.

ScreamingTree
    Participant

<blockquote><font>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by el jesus de gordo:
    <strong>i am reminded of a black sabbath story, they were supposed to play this gig somewhere in the midwest and it got canceled anyway a journalist had already written his review of the show and it got printed in the paper the next day,

it just goes to show that usually when a journalist gives a bad review he doesnt like the band, and is never going to like them no matter how good they perform</strong><hr></blockquote>
    It’s so true…and I read these journalist bashing posts and feel like I’m being attacked even though I’m only on a high school paper…alls I know is if I ever got to interview J I’d ask him some great questions. I remember the Guitar Center interview back in June mispelled every song and album and they asked questions like they were simply trying to find out who the hell he was.
    [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] Oh well, someday when I’m a real journalist I won’t suck that much i hope. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.