Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Rooster
    Participant

I was maybe thinking of picking up a Rat and i just wanted to if they are good or not. I also want to know which model to buy ie. Rat, Rat 2 or Vintage Rat.

georgeev1
    Participant

what other pedals do you have and what kind of sound are you into ?

<FONT>[ August 12, 2001 01:12 PM: Message mutated 1 time, lastly by georgeev1 ]</font>

PeteSome
    Participant

I use a Rat and I’m really happy with it. The control range is good and you can get some nice noises out of it. It does ‘over-the-top’ well and is pretty economic on the battery front too. I sometimes double it with my amp overdrive just to get some stupid distortions out of it.

But then I suppose it depends on what you’re looking for…

Rooster
    Participant

I already have a US Big Muff reissue and a Marshall Guv’nor 2. Its hard to explain what sound i want but my main problem with the big muff is that when you turn the tone knob down to get a smoother sound i find it gets too base-y (my amp could be resonsible for this) so i only use to get gritty fuzz.

I suppose i want something that will give me a smoother fuzz to than the big muff without the base. It says on Guitar Geek that Ira Kaplan from Yo La Tengo uses Rats live and if you listen to Sugarcube thats the sort of distorsion i want.

georgeev1
    Participant

<FONT>[ August 22, 2001 11:13 AM: Message mutated 3 times, lastly by georgeev1 ]</font>

georgeev1
    Participant

then go for the rat, it’s your best bet because you know and respect someone that uses it. and the rat she uses is probably a vintage rat.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.