Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Primus / Dinosaur Jr. Tour Dates 2015

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Primus / Dinosaur Jr
    Just Announced: Dinosaur Jr. will join Primus for summer tour dates – Tickets on sale Friday, pre-sale tickets on sale NOW at http://primusville.com/tour.
    July 17 – Toyota Presents Oakdale Theatre – Wallingford, CT
    July 18 – Lincoln Theatre – Raleigh, NC
    July 20 – The Fillmore Charlotte – Charlotte, NC
    July 23 – Penn’s Landing – Philadelphia, PA
    July 24 – Stone Pony Summer Stage – Asbury Park, NJ
    July 25 – Blue Hills Bank Pavilion – Boston, MA
    July 27 – Thompson’s Point – Portland, ME
    July 28 – Mountain Park – Holyoke, MA
    July 30 – Pier 97 – New York, NY
    Aug 1 – LC Pavilion – Columbus, OH
    Aug 2 – Freedom Hill – Sterling Heights, MI
    Aug 4 – The Rose Music Center At The Heights – Huber Heights, OH
    Aug 6 – The Rave / Eagles Ballroom – Milwaukee, WI
    Aug 7 – Sumtur Amphitheater – Papillion, NE
    Aug 8 – Bluestem Center for the Arts – Moorehead, MN

• This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by jeremiahjeremiah.
    Obseqio
    Participant

The first time I saw Dinosaur was the 1993 Lollapalooza tour, when it traveled. Headlining that year was another band I wanted to see greatly, Primus. There were of lot of great bands on that tour. Dino, to me, was the most memorable since I loved them so much. I’m sure they opened up with ‘Little Fury Things” and I didn’t know the song. I had not picked up YLAOM by then. For me it was, ‘Green Mind’, ‘Where You Been’ and ‘Bug’. But by the end of the Summer I would have ‘YLAOM’. Next Summer I caught wind of their first album and picked it up on tape. Ahh, the memories!

Now I get the chance to see these two bands again. I haven’t seen Primus since 1993, when they did their Fall tour. The Melvins opened for them. I don’t know if I’ll go see them. I like the prospect of going to the Black Cat better. I have a feeling they’ll do some kind of 30th anniversary show or something for their original release. They should be doing something for that album. Not to mention, they’re due for another release this year. We’ll see huh?

axisboldaslove
    axisboldaslove
    Participant

No California dates- bummer! I’m a bit surprised nothing close to home seeing as the opening act Primus is based out of S.F.

If you make it to one of the shows, Obseqio, have a great time. Don’t forget the earplugs, haha!

Obseqio
    Participant

Sorry they’re not coming your way! I picked up tickets to the Black Cat. Still on the fence for a Primus Show. Hopefully, I’ll bite the bullet. Maybe make a vacation week out of it or something.

axisboldaslove
    axisboldaslove
    Participant

Sounds great- have a good time either way!

leper-crumblin56
    leper-crumblin56
    Participant

I will be making the trip up to Milwaukee WI, from Chicago to go see them. The eagles ballroom is sick!!! looks huge and they will sound great there!

axisboldaslove
    axisboldaslove
    Participant

Excellent! Looking forward to hearing about the show!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.