Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Price I have paid for getting the kids to go and see my music.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Annastefka
    Participant

I’ve recently taken some of my kids (and some of their friends) to see the music that I like….Meat Puppets recently, J solo/Melting Point before that and others. The price I have to pay is, I get to drive them to and enter into a venue with them so they can see their music. This has even involved a couple of trips to Atlanta. (Urggggg) The deal is…they pay for the gas and my ticket….so I’ve seen recently….Iron and Wine and Devendra Banhart. I doubt many others here will read this but if you have teenagers….have you taken them with you to shows….and what did they think and what music have you had to listen to in return? My youngest daughter is into Kanye West. E-cole-eye but audible! My son with autism totally rocks…he has some kind of awesome taste when it comes to music, he has jacked a bunch of my music…although he surprises me often with really funny songs that he loves…like “Knights/nights (?) in White Satin” Moody Blues…..My oldest daughters impression of J recently was interesting…she said..”he has really huge arms and hands so it makes playing the guitar easier for him than me…and when he sings songs by himself he always seems sad and so his songs sound sad as well. When he makes his guitar go like loud/electric it hurts my ears and I have to cover them.” I told her…”Sad, hmmm, I don’t know I think that’s his shtick..and then she said…”Oh, I get it…cool.” (or something like that). I have really enjoyed watching my kids become young adults…they are such beautiful people~

girl
    Participant

Stef, your son sounds awesome. I don’t have teenage kids but I was recently going through some of my music…music from my early teens and I had kind of a laugh. Grateful Dead albums as far as the eye can see. haha
    I went from hippie to punk to some weird love baby of all the kind of music there is. Funny how much we change.

Annastefka
    Participant

I was supposed to put this in open topic…and I think I didn’t…upppps..sorry!

essgee09
    Participant

I don`t have kids but if I did they`d have more of a music education than I had as a kid.If you asked me who Robert Plant is when I was 10 I would`nt have said singer for Zeppelin.I would`ve said the guy from the Honeydrippers :-))

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.