Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    empire3

Ok , so its only little bits, but I always have a starter before the main course! :D

Its hard to tell but Pieces & See you sound very awesome. Plus I don’t want to go there clocking in at 8.45mins just can’t be anything but epic! :D

Just under an hour without the extra tracks on the 2xCD version!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dinosaur-jr-far … ital-music

Rumpy
    Participant

this is beautiful. this is just so goddamn insanely perfect… I don’t get it. it’s impossible. I can’t comprehend it. it just overwhelms me… tiny samples on amazon made me come apart like this, what is the world coming to? this thing is already my favorite dino album, it just clicks with me in a completely incomprehensible (and unforeseen, judging by the way I was initially somewhat neutral-hostile towards "I want you to know") way that… iono… considering how in love with beyond I am, it’s just… I don’t get it.

*relistens to samples. yet again. and will keep doing so for the next three hours before he gets tired (physically. not of samples) and goes to sleep*

thank you, guys… for making farm and letting us get a taste of it.

weezerfreak942
    Participant

<3

malkmus
    Participant

Ohh what a tease, but great! Thanks for this. ‘Plans’ sounds especially great I think :D

SimonM
    Participant

All sounds pretty good to me. Can’t wait.

This link will give the tracks in the order they’re on the album:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002B2T54C/ref=sr_f2_album_1?ie=UTF8&child=B002B2NQH4&qid=1243347262&sr=102-1″>http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002 … 2&sr=102-1

Simon.

tonas

Oh yeah those clips sound good. Can’t wait to hear them in thier entirety. Farm just might turn out to be one of their best albums yet. Very exciting times for sure.

weezerfreak942
    Participant

"friends" is the only one that doesnt sound very good so far to me.

idwtgt is an awesome track. i cant wait for the full album version!

LEAK!!!

Rumpy
    Participant

you want to die for making me jump like that, no? NO?? ON YOUR KNEES AND BEG FORGIVENESS FOR USING THE L-WORD IN VAIN!! :evil: :evil: :evil::P

"Friends" is indeed the weakest bit of the bunch, but it still seems to beat its Beyond counterpart "Been There All The Time"… the songs, even the ones that seem somewhat underwhelming compared to the rest as of now, will probably take off when we get to hear the full things and not merely tiny excerpts like that. I can see my personal favorites becoming even more insanely great when they get a few more fantastic parts and the obligatory beautiful Mascis solo (highest lead expectation goes to "Said The People", that one better have an eye-moistening solo… or else! :evil: :wink:)…

"Over It" seems like a good choice of a video-worthy single, since it’s the most easily accessible (judging by the clips) and is just so blatantly catchy, I can’t get it out of my head :) bound to score Dino at least a bit of attention from the uninitiated. The choice of "I Want You To Know" as the first officially released mp3 remains somewhat odd, since it seems like the track that will take the longest to grow on people (judging by me and the few folks I thrust the mp3 to). Maybe a sly ploy, to have us relisten to it over and over… *whiney voice* "but it’s on the new Dino album, it has to kick ass!" and have us finally get it, and not dismiss it when the full album came out, and the grower of a track drowns in the pure epic win of the rest… and the "I Don’t Wanna Go There" Pitchfork teaser – for those dilligent enough to find it, a taste of the way the album will be solid, but at the same time keeping them waiting for the gigantic album version… it’s all planned out so prefectly! Or I’m just trying to make it make sense :wink:

tom
    Participant
    "malkmus" wrote:
    Ohh what a tease, but great! Thanks for this. ‘Plans’ sounds especially great I think :D

I totally agree. I must have played ‘Plans" at least 50 times today!

maxini
    Participant

Thanks, nice teasers! :D

"Rumpy" wrote:
    "Over It" seems like a good choice of a video-worthy single, since it’s the most easily accessible (judging by the clips) and is just so blatantly catchy, I can’t get it out of my head bound to score Dino at least a bit of attention from the uninitiated. The choice of "I Want You To Know" as the first officially released mp3 remains somewhat odd, since it seems like the track that will take the longest to grow on people (judging by me and the few folks I thrust the mp3 to).

Personally, I loved I Want You To Know from the first listen and think it would make an excellent single. But that’s just me.

Over It is cool with the wah and all, but not so sure it would be my choice of single…

(while on this topic, I figured Crumble would have been the best single pick from Beyond… )

Aint complaining though, obviously Farm is gonna be one hell of an album!

weezerfreak942
    Participant

IDWTGT is great, but too repetitive and boring lyrically, even for a single. I personally love it now, but to an untame audience, itd be….not so good.

Over It is catchy and i liked it from the start. its probably the best choice.

I like how J found the single to be "throwaway material". Shows you his head is in the right place. He doesn’t like writing hits.

andyfest
    Participant

Ocean In The Way sounds like it’s going to be a favorite of mine.

This preview is too much of a tease, I just keep wanting the songs to go on just a little longer!

malkmus
    Participant

In yet another one of my desperate & mostly futile attempts to find a leak I found this site that has some more samples! Sounds fucking great!

http://www.7digital.com/artists/dinosaur-jr/farm/”>http://www.7digital.com/artists/dinosaur-jr/farm/

Rumpy
    Participant

great is an understatement. who’s gonna wipe my brains off the floor now?

"Pieces" is shaping up to be one of the most amazing songs ever, and "Said The People"’s lead meets expectations. in fact, all the lead shardlets meet expectations – J’s soloing is as win as ever. Farm previews make the two mentioned tunes appear as the absolute high point of the album, just insanely great. The rest is pretty damn solid too, no real duds (I’m not that keen on "Your Weather" yet, but it may simply take the whole song to get to like it), very consistent and strong record, there seems to be something special and worthy in every song. I still love it :)

and if you do find a leak, kindly notify us, or at least me ;) I’ll be making a beeline to my local music shoppe on the 22nd (since we europe folks get it a day early), but I’m really willing to listen to it asap ;)

bob
    Participant

It really does sound great. I instantly loved Over It and I love I Want You To Know after five listens. The only one that may be weird is Ocean in The Way with it’s wordless chorus. Farm sounds like a return to the mellower mature sound that I was hoping to hear again since Without a Sound. I love Beyond but this sounds a lot better. Beyond, musically, sounded more like a Descendent or Stooges album than Dinosaur to me, perhaps they had to prove they could do the lo-fi punk stuff.

Don’t kill me for saying this but I have a feeling that I’m going to be ejecting it after track 10. IDWGT and Imagination Blind haven’t done much for me so far.

I just emailed Jagjaguwar to see when Farm will be available for pre-order. I see that you can get the bonus disc on amazon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.