Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Possible new J Mascis Signature Jazzmaster Model?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Wisopher
    Participant

Has anyone heard about a potential new J signature Jazzmaster? Saw Dino play in Boston last night, and J had a replica model of the Jazzmaster he always plays out on stage for display. It was an exact replica in color and style. In the past he has put his white Squire model out, but never played it during the shows I have seen. About halfway through the night he handed off ‘his’ Jazzmaster to the guitar tech, and played the signature model for the remainder of the night. So this may be a sign of things to come. Please let me know if anyone else has heard about a new guitar model in the works.

By the way, it was a great show and they rewarded the crowd for coming out in the snow storm. Great setlist that included Pieces, The Wagon, and Get Me (3 of my favs), with Start Choppin for the encore. Man I love this band, and my ears are still ringing the siren song of love!

Obseqio
    Participant

I saw Dino in Baltimore on Thursday and saw the guitar you’re talking about. I’m pretty certain it’s the American Vintage model that came out last year. Fender redid it’s line of Telecasters, Stratocasters, Jazzmasters and Jaguars to as close as the original specs of the 50’s and 60’s. It really sounds like they out did themselves on this series. You would have noticed the witch hat knobs it had on J’s backup. The one thing I didn’t notice was the binding it normally comes with. I also couldn’t tell if J had a Tune-O-matic Bridge – I’m pretty sure it did. I figure that as Fender sponsors J he could order the guitar with those features. It’s another thing Fender is promoting – Matching different necks and bodies that you like. I’m sure a Tune-O-Matic bridge would be no problem for Fender these days. They probably welcomed it and it was probably all free. But yeah, if Fender were to come out with a top of the line Fender J Mascis model, that would be it. They retail for $2,300.00 imagine what the mark up would be? You’re better off ordering it your self and getting a 15% mark off.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.