Home Forums General Discussions Site Suggestions + Comments Possible DVD/CD Official Release of Northampton Show

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    AGAP
    Participant

Rumor out there that if theres enough interest in a DVD release of the recent show in Northampton it will happen. According to the info, all the proceeds will go to help support the Community Resources for People With Autism program, great way to contribute & see amazing footage of some of your fav bands :!:

Big Thanks to Screaming Tree for bring the info to FreakScene, so show your interest by clicking on the links below the message…

Hello , Steve Westfield here.
    I talked with the video people from the Northampton show and they MAY release an official DVD of the concert IF enough people are interested. So…here I am at message boards seeing what you all think.
    They used six high quality, 16-bit sound, cameras and taped the entire concert. The proceeds from DVD sales will go to Community Resources for People with Autism, like the proceeds from the concert. (Thanks, by the way, to all for the sellout of tickets…good for you).

I have permission from all the bands to release a live CD also, but before we edit all SIX hours of music and THIRTY SIX hours of video, I am testing for interest. SO….. leave a note here if we should..
    Great cause, great bands. What a beautiful world it is.

Sonic Youth’s link

Freakscene’s link

decide, which J songs to include in an Official Northampton live CD

If you’re interested in receiving our J Mascis Newsletter, delivered to you without the hassle of spam & pop up ad’s, sign up here :aliensmile:

Malted_Barley
    Participant

YES, I think I speak for everyone when I say that this concert should be released on both. :shock: I didn’t get to see it, and it would be great to since I heard how much of a blast the show was. Any idea when it will be released??

Barptkon :twisted:

drkaufman
    Participant

I’m definitely interested in a DVD of the show. I got there late, probably somewhere before halfway through J’s set. It was an excellent show and I really want to see what I missed.

drkaufman
    Participant

After the show, my friends and I wondered amongst ourselves about the cameraman onstage.

Aatos
    Participant

A DVD would definitely be cool!

rambleon
    Participant

what a great idea … i’d be into the dvd and the cd …

slimetrail
    Participant

I know I’ve already posted this elsewhere, but this must be done!!!! A DVD/CD set would be fuckin’ awesome. Please don’t disappoint me.

wakeupnow
    Participant

Has anyone heard anything new about this dvd/cd? Any updates? I’m really looking foward to it.

AGAP
    Participant

Haven’t heard a word, still have my fingers crossed they can get the DVD together :!:

They could raise a ton of cash for the Autism program, no doubt about it 8)

pfogle
    Participant

gotta say i was honestly a bit disappointed in the show overall, but i’d for sure support the hell out of a cd/dvd for a cool cause. it oughta be done.

kracked873
    Participant

show was unbelievable

Anthony
    Participant

it was somewhat messed up.
    but a good show none-the-less.

seats?
    fire codes?
    no one allowed to stand?
    no smoking?
    no beer?
    no drugs?
    never met up w/ my cousin who was there too.

kracked873
    Participant

i was standing during sebadoh really great set,

made us sit down during j.. i didnt really mind though haha got me a front row seat and enjoyed the shit out of j

sonic youth rocked

one of the best shows ever

PikminII
    Participant

So yeah, I know this post is old, but I just wondered what the fate is/was for this DVD/CD?

Naturally i’m interested, though i’m sure this post matters little now.

Pikmin

wakeupnow
    Participant

I’ve heard from a reliable source that the DVD/CD deal is still being made, it just isn’t finished yet. Whether it actually is RELEASED is different. I’m hearing this second hand, so you might as well take this as a rumor, though one I concider from a good source.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.