Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    REEFIS
    Participant

Hey there, i guess i’ll give you my review.
    Henry Rollins was cool, did a nice intro. He asked about Bug and a little about their relationship, and it was awkward as expected but hilarious as well. his questioning was a little unrehearsed and began asking a buncha yes/no, standard cliche indie rock questions that got very boring responses, but funny and the audience started talking amongst themselves and i think he realized he should wrap it up.

Dino Jr played Bug but played Pond Song 4th, J just started playing it and Murph initially tried to tell J and didn’t play along until he gave up and the song started. “Don’t” was really long and awesome, I believe Lou’s screams were louder than J’s guitar at a few points. all the songs off Bug were great to hear. Came out to play “Out There” and “Feel the Pain” as their only encore, J kinda abruptly said “thanks, bye” and left the stage and the lights came on. Wished they played more, but i think this was more a warm up show as it wasn’t advertised as a “Bug” show. Kinda weird they played those two songs as an encore to a show celebrating an album which broke up the band. Woulda definitely preferred newer songs or songs off the first 2. I originally bought a boston ticket and sold it when they announced the show up here and now i kinda wish i was in boston right now.
    I’ve played at the Port City Music Hall before and they don’t really have a backstage and it kinda sucks there a little, but better than the last place they played up here. the crowd was at best 40% dino fans and 60% mainers who dont get to see good shows too often and bought a ticket…
    I was right up front on J’s side and it was so loud and awe inspiring, blows you away when you are that close.

REEFIS
    Participant

hey you guy might like photos and there are some really good ones here, a few of lou ruining his voice during dont. fucking awesome show! that’s a good enough review than all that blabber i wrote. oh but the set list pic shows a few extra songs they didn’t play. i’ll see em again i’m sure. seen em twice.
    http://erikajohnson.zenfolio.com/p970545571

gkay44
    Participant

Thanks for the photos, especially of the ones with Lou singing “Don’t”. Any leads at getting a recording of this show, anyone? This might be the ONLY 2011-Bug-tour show where Lou is singing the song (all the other shows so far have been fans/special guests — I think). It’ll be interesting to see how the eight Euro shows play out.

Tundra
    Participant

Man I hope they expand their setlist a little when they’re playing in Europe. 11-13 songs sure aren’t enough for me when Dinosaur are playing. Perhaps the other bands on bill and the Rollins interview narrowed down their schedule?

goodguyalso
    Participant

He sang all of don’t at the first show… and sings some with Keith Morris at the last. Haven’t seen any video of the first show..The last US show is on youtube with Lou singing some of don’t… I think

REEFIS
    Participant

there’s a feel the pain vid from portland on youtube which has a close up of the back of my head for the whole performance. i saw a handful of people looking like they were taking video at all times… i e-mailed the club to ask if they recorded it, because they record all the local shows and ro give to the bands. i know, i know someone who knows someone that at least does sound there. perhaps dino has a policy against that, but perhaps they dont give a shit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.