Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Polanski arrested after 31 years

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Polanskis arrest has been critizised by leading film directors, politicians etc.
    I’m really not sure what I think about this. The fact is that he admitted to, and was convicted of, drugging a 13 year old girl and having sex with her. No matter how you twist and turn, that is absolutely horrible. And I can’t help but think that if this was an american plumber, who fled the country after doing such a thing, then there wouldn’t be anyone protesting his arrest 31 years later.
    Should his talent and fame push the scale so that he is let off the hook ?

girl
    Participant
    "Robert" wrote:
    Should his talent and fame push the scale so that he is let off the hook ?

Hell no. I am going to have to come back to this because I am in a really good mood now and don’t want to replace good feelings for murderous rage.

Robert
    Participant
    "girl" wrote:
    Hell no. I am going to have to come back to this because I am in a really good mood now and don’t want to replace good feelings for murderous rage.

Thank you, I have felt very alone in being outraged at this. And yes, please do.

tom
    Participant

I’m with both of you guys on this. The guy broke laws and hurt someone. He should be punished. Why it took this long is beyond me. If he did this to one of my kids, I would’ve been in jail for killing him.

Annastefka
    Participant

yes, he drugged and raped a 13 year old, in fact his victim and I are the same age, and I know I grew up a little sheltered but…at 13 I knew where babies came from but I had no idea of ejaculation or semen, I didn’t know that was a part of the whole sex thing until I was like 15 or 16. She had to address those issues in court, that’s horrible, and he turned to sodomy when the girl told him she didn’t remember when she had had her last period. geez, Roman Polanski…nice guy.

Not to blame the victim either but why isn’t anyone asking "Where was the Mother in all of this? Can you imagine, for instance any of us here at Freakscene with teen aged daughters letting a 44 year old guy pick up your 13 year old daughter to go and do anything. We all like to think that men have self control and most do but I grew up with only sisters, it wasn’t until I met my husband (who grew up with 5 brothers) that I learned how automatic the sex response is…how overwhelmingly automatic.

Robert
    Participant

Ummm….I’m willing to go out on a limb here and say that she probably wasn’t picked up by Polanski at her house. And I’d also venture so far as to say that her mother wouldn’t have allowed her to go to such a party, had she known about it.

BUT, no matter what, the fault lies solely on Polanski. I’m appaled that Lynch and other directors have supported him after his arrest. I think that every article in the newspapers and every segment on television and radio should start with; Polanski admitted to, and was convicted of, drugging a 13 year old girl and raping her. I’d like to see the person who defends him after that. And I’d like to kick that person in the nuts so hard that I break my foot.

crazycloud
    Participant

what are they really going to do at this point though. he is an old man. she is a middle aged woman. the victim herself said she doesnt want to go through a prosecution. what is it at this point but a big publicity stunt? look at r kelly. he walked and they had a video of him peeing on a 13 year old.. that fucker gets to sing at the super bowl.

Robert
    Participant
    "crazycloud" wrote:
    what is it at this point but a big publicity stunt?

Of course he should have been arrested a long time ago. Sadly this didn’t happen. But I think it’s good they arrested him, if they hadn’t it would’ve been like saying that it’s ok to drug and rape a girl as long as you flee the country.

Rich
    Participant

Plain and simple anyone who doesn’t feel Polanski should be punished as severely as possible, should be thrown in jail with him and face the same punishment!

rambleon
    Participant

Every now and then cases like this come up and people’s judgement is often clouded by how friendly/talented/old/ill etc. the accused is.

It does not matter when he committed the crime. It does not matter that the victim does not want the prosecution to go ahead. He must be sentenced and deal with it.

girl
    Participant

Exactly. People think that if you have money/celebrity status, you live in magic fairy land where you don’t have to answer to the consequences of your actions. And society is partially if not 98.7% to blame for that. It really is quite nauseating when you read the paper and see the pedastal we put them on. Like they are even news in the first place! Granted, I for one have joked around immensely about wanting to put Alexander Skarsgard in a sex sleeper hold but that only means that I like characters he has played. I know nothing about him in real life and certainly wouldn’t let my judgement be clouded by his Swedish man meat/acting skills if I found out that he did very bad things in real life.

If you commit a crime you should pay. Especially a crime against children.

Robert
    Participant
    "girl" wrote:
    Especially a crime against children.

True, that can’t be stressed enough.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.