Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Pitchfork interview + new song

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    darren
    Participant

Pitchfork interview with Dino is up —- http://pitchfork.tv/

great stuff plus a new song "I Don’t Wanna Go There"

(edited 5.19pm – corrected new song name)

andyfest
    Participant

That was pretty cool. New song sounds good but I wish they’d previewed more new stuff 8)

JouluPam
    Participant

A really good song!

J seems to have written the lyrics already, which is unusual I guess.
    Atleast I hope so because there’s some really good lines:

"And you know it spins around you I believe it.
    And the world it really needs you now I see it."

Good stuff.

Annastefka
    Participant

How exciting is this? I like hearing the new sounds/bits of songs. Can’t wait. God bless Lou for his communication, otherwise we wouldn’t have much insight into what’s has been going on, you know…the process during this time in the studio. He’s willing to talk during an interview…interviews are so important….as they get the excitment ball rolling. Hands in the air for John Agnello for his explanation of J’s recording gear and style, he gave a lot of his time for this interview. Always Thanks to Murph for adding his two cents. I wish J would say something….I guess his idea is to let the music speak for itself but it would have been great if he could have mustered up a few sentences. Oh, wait, he did…the Black Crows stuff.

two reelers
    Participant

very nice interview

i like the new song – despite that i think that it is not extremely good. to me it lacks drive, but it feels comfortable.

SimonM
    Participant

These rare glimpses into the inner workings of the band are so few and far between, I really value them. In some ways I’d like J to say more, but he’s not gonna change. I actually like the element of mystery.

alosaur
    Participant

The new song sounds like the same riff as I Just Wanna Die

Annastefka
    Participant

I adore J Mascis….but I was laughing so hard after the second watching of this video. Near the end, when Lou is saying.."J and I have been doing this for so long…we accept that this is our lives etc…" I had this total flashback of sitting in the nursing home with my Grandfather near the end of his life and just like Lou, I would have these animated conversations….hands moving and such…..My Father, like Murph, would be next to me and we didn’t have a video camera back then but…..J is my Grandfather all over…same glasses, cut the hair up short. In the hallway after our visits…I would ask my Father…."Do you think Papaw even knew we were there?" and my Father would say…"Honey, we just don’t know"…..I sent a link of this to my sister and asked.."Does this remind you of the visits we used to make to Papaw in the nursing home?" and she just sent this message back to me…ROFLMAO. J Mascis….. still my hero. That might be his baby Mama in the beginning….looks like a tall pretty girl pushing one of those very expensive European style stollers my sis was always trying to convince me to purchase. My first "troller" as Alvaro calls it was big and beautiful but I just kept using it over and over again for each child, duck-taping the tray together when it cracked apart, the rubber cracked off the handles, puppie chewed the basket…first babies get all the good stuff…just ask my kids…they will tell ya’.

tonas

Definately good stuff. I like the new song even though J borrowed a riff from one of his other songs (Too Hard).

Yippee! :o

two reelers
    Participant

has anyone noticed.. lou is now wearing the same big glasses as J..will murph be next?

SimonM
    Participant

Thanks Annastefka. You gave me my first out-loud laugh of the morning and I’ve had numerous recurrences throughout the day each time I think of: "Do you think Papaw even knew we were there?" … "Honey, we just don’t know". The elderly relative comparison is spot on.

Still, despite the similarities you’ve noted, I bet your grandfather wasn’t as handy with a Jazzmaster as our mutual friend. :wink:

maxini
    Participant
    "tonas" wrote:
    Definately good stuff. I like the new song even though J borrowed a riff from one of his other songs (Too Hard).

It’s a nice little riff, deserved to be used some more :)

Robert
    Participant

For a little while I thought I had the same glasses as J, then when I maximised the video I realised I didn’t.
    For a split second though, rockstar glasses.

I like the new song and I’m as exited as a leprechaun at a roller disco about the new album.

built_to_spill
    Participant
    "two reelers" wrote:
    has anyone noticed.. lou is now wearing the same big glasses as J..will murph be next?

I noticed!
    Enjoyed the interview & new song – – thanks for posting.

umascow
    umascow
    Participant

Totally dig the new song. Sound quality of videos was great…I wish there was more where this came from.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.