Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    SG
    Participant

A guy on another site saw J at SXSW :D I asked him for a setlist but he`s not familar with J`s songs but he`s a fan now :) he did take some pics though…

http://s88596283.onlinehome.us/sxsw/jm/

Thanks Andrew!

rambleon
    Participant

yooohoooo …. thanks for the link …. :mrgreen:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

great! say him thanks a lot for these! :mrgreen:
    also it would be nice to see him here … :P

andrewk
    Participant

Glad people like the photos. :)

SG
    Participant

Welcome Andrewk! :D glad you joined us :)

jdiddy
    Participant

great pics

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey Andrew, great to see you here! welcome & thanks again for the pics! :D

SG said you liked the show. of course someone who didn’t know J’s music much can’t talk about song titles and stuff, but I would be curious how it was on that big festival, how the venue & the crowd was or other impressions which come to your mind… :)

if you liked the show, it would be worth while to check out more of J Mascis’ music. You could like his former bands’ (Dinosaur Jr) records like their record "Where You Been", or if you liked the live feeling, the J Mascis Peel sessions from 2003 would be cool.

if you have any further question, don’t hesitate to ask! :)

andrewk
    Participant
    "Flying Cloud" wrote:
    hey Andrew, great to see you here! welcome & thanks again for the pics! :D

SG said you liked the show. of course someone who didn’t know J’s music much can’t talk about song titles and stuff, but I would be curious how it was on that big festival, how the venue & the crowd was or other impressions which come to your mind… :)

The venue (Cactus Cafe) is a small place, little stage in the right-front corner, bar in the back, audience mostly seated, and the area at the back between the bar and the chairs was pretty crammed full of people too. The crowd was very enthusiastic.

"Flying Cloud" wrote:
    if you liked the show, it would be worth while to check out more of J Mascis’ music. You could like his former bands’ (Dinosaur Jr) records like their record "Where You Been", or if you liked the live feeling, the J Mascis Peel sessions from 2003 would be cool.

Picked up "Free so Free" and "Ear Bleeding Country" today – going to go back for more very soon I think. :D

rambleon
    Participant
    Quote:
    Picked up "Free so Free" and "Ear Bleeding Country" today – going to go back for more very soon

btw, dinosaur jr’s 1st few albums are soon to be re-released, so you might want to wait to pick those up b/c there should be some good bonus stuff to be found on those …

+ seeing as how you liked the acoustic show so much, you might want to check out martin + me (j’s solo acoustic album) … although it is a bit more stripped down that his solo show these days i’m sure you’d still like it … :D

andrewk
    Participant
    "rambleon" wrote:
    btw, dinosaur jr’s 1st few albums are soon to be re-released, so you might want to wait to pick those up b/c there should be some good bonus stuff to be found on those …

Yeah, I saw that, gonna wait for those. I expect I will get everything else pretty quick though. :)

rambleon
    Participant
    "andrewk" wrote:
    Yeah, I saw that, gonna wait for those. I expect I will get everything else pretty quick though. :)

sounds like a good plan to me :D

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.