Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Our Band Could Be Your Concert

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Check out this press release for a concert celebration of the 10 year anniversary of Michael Azerads “Our Band Could Be Your Life“.

Our Band Could Be Your LifeOUR BAND COULD BE YOUR CONCERT

OBCBYL hardcover003 PRESS RELEASE
    For immediate release: March 8, 2011

Music journalist Michael Azerrad and Tiger Mountain Presents are pleased to announce Our Band Could Be Your Concert, a very special evening of music at the Bowery Ballroom on May 22nd, 2011.
    In celebration of the tenth anniversary of Azerrad’s classic history of the ’80s indie underground, Our Band Could Be Your Life, some of the best bands in contemporary indie music will play songs by each of the 13 bands in the book.
    “For years, all kinds of people — musicians, people who run labels, concert promoters, journalists, whatever — have told me that they’ve been very inspired by Our Band Could Be Your Life and the bands it profiles, which is incredibly gratifying and totally unexpected,” says Azerrad. “The tenth anniversary of the book was a great occasion for the current generation of bands to celebrate these pioneers.”
    The bill so far, in the order the original bands appear in the book:

Nat Baldwin, David Longstreth and Brian McOmber play Black Flag
    Delicate Steve plays the Minutemen
    Ted Leo plays Minor Threat
    Titus Andronicus plays the Replacements
    Tune-Yards plays Sonic Youth
    Dan Deacon plays the Butthole Surfers
    St. Vincent plays Big Black
    Wye Oak plays Dinosaur Jr
    Buke & Gass plays Fugazi
    More bands t.b.a.

Special guest hosts also t.b.a., and who knows, maybe some surprises too.
    Tickets for Our Band Could Be Your Concert are $25 and go on sale Friday, March 11th, at noon via the Bowery Ballroom/TicketWeb site. Doors at 7:30.
    For more information e-mail tigermountainbk (at) gmail (dot) com

Yeah Right
    Participant

I suppose my momentary hopes for a ‘Mats reunion were… well just ridiculous. That’ll teach me to skim.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.