Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Oi, Annastefka !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

You need to get yourself to a show with these guys and girls ! I’ve had the album for a couple of years and I suddenly realised they’re from Athens. Which shouldn’t surprise me. I guess it’s the hippie capital of the universe :wink:

I think I’ll have to get a cootie shot and go down there some time.

[youtube]lD3irzPYHPE[/youtube]

[youtube]FY6U3vsbejM&feature=PlayList&p=2EC2598552A00A24&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=45[/youtube]

[youtube]wO2oALT42g4&feature=related[/youtube]

essgee09
    Participant

Fun :D

Angel Of Meth is kinda Phil Spector-ish eh?

Robert
    Participant

Yeah, the whole album is a twisted sort of wall of sound, or perhaps better yet, a wall of sweet, weird & catchy noise :D

Annastefka
    Participant

yeah baby, Athens is so small…Dark Meat has a few friends of mine mixed in there. Just at John’s F. house this AM to check on the progress of his new bathroom….it’s looking good. Most of us here have kids in school together…..pot luck together and all that jazz. You know, I could never get on any stage and do anything….I’m a very outgoing person, I don’t have a problem talking in front of a group of people but don’t make me go "up" on any stage…I had such stage fright that in the second grade our class, we had a little production and we practiced and practiced our parts..and the night of the show…I walked out on the stage…saw all the people.(so many people, I’m sweating now just from the memory)..saw my Mommy waving her hand and smiling and then I blacked out and hit the ground with my face.

Cootie shot…are you kidding me? You should visit Athens…I’ve had a few Freaksceners stay at our house. Although…come to think of it you might need the cootie shot to come into the "Casa Villaveces" I think our cat killed a mouse recently. I can’t seem to be able to find the body but there is that distinct stink coming from somewhere in the back of the house, also last night I found a used long piece of toilet paper on the floor in bathroom…..I asked Alvaro "Dude, what happened?" and he said "Why do you think it was me?" Uhh, because I know your M.O. baby…this has you written all over it. :wink:

built_to_spill
    Participant

At least he used tp and not his socks!

Robert
    Participant
    "Annastefka" wrote:
    yeah baby, Athens is so small…Dark Meat has a few friends of mine mixed in there.

Oh my ! My initial thought was to say that you have to tell them to put out another album asap, and that there’s a norwegian boy cheering for them, but seeing as they’re hippies like you how about you give them a hug and tell them that I love them on a spiritual level ;)

And yes, you know I was kidding regarding the cootie shot. The only thing I’d need to come visit is a clarification on what a pot luck is and a roll of toilet paper as a gift for Alvaro.

Annastefka
    Participant
    "built_to_spill" wrote:
    At least he used tp and not his socks!

I’m not going to say that has never happened but it wasn’t with this child. Kids can do some crazy things…you have to just love it.

Oh, in the Dark Meat, Athfest video…the girl in pink, with the tamborine, (spelling?) is the one who invited me over to see her "tran-chla" (I mentioned that here on Freakscene)…which is a code word that we use together…it’s something that’s not a big, hairy spider.

A pot luck is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potluck”>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potluck I’m sure you must do this in Norway as well, everybody gets together and each one brings a dish of food to share. Although, it also has another meaning for my husband, it’s what happens each year at the end of September or beginning of October when the harvest of cannabis starts to roll in.

Robert
    Participant

So…does going over to her to see her ‘tran-chla’ mean you’re a groupie ? :lol:
    Ah, yes we do have pot lucks in norway, and as a matter of fact I am a big fan of them. Though I must admit that at first I suspected the latter meaning you provided was the prevailing one in Athens :D

girl
    Participant
    "Annastefka" wrote:
    Oh, in the Dark Meat, Athfest video…the girl in pink, with the tamborine, (spelling?) is the one who invited me over to see her "tran-chla" (I mentioned that here on Freakscene)…which is a code word that we use together…it’s something that’s not a big, hairy spider.

You mean the infamous capricorn? :lol: I’ll have to remember to lure you to Vermont with something other then the promise of seeing something hairy. :lol:

Now I am completely lost and giggly and probably should have read this topic’s contents in it’s entirety…

Oh well…Have a good weekend Freaksceners of the universe!

Annastefka
    Participant
    "girl" wrote:
    You mean the infamous capricorn?

Yes, Miss SJ Ursrey…Total Capricorn….dark and hairy..in a good way.
    here she sings at southernshelter:
    http://southernshelter.com/category/nanny-island/”>http://southernshelter.com/category/nanny-island/

Robert
    Participant

Thanks for that link Stefka :D Tons of great bands :mrgreen:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.