Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    King Tubby
    Participant

Noel’s doing sound again this time around, and blogging about the tour, complete with a pic of J’s spiffy new pedal board:

http://noelatthecontrols.blogspot.com/

darren
    Participant

^^ great picture for a gear head like me !

looks like J may have ditched the rack setup…replaced the JMP 1 with those 2 channel distortion boxes (Hot Cake, KOT)

also using the CAE / Dunlop wah instead of the Teese…

blake
    Participant

picture from daytrotter studio on 4/12?

Quote:
    Dinosaur Jr. Amazing session. Amazing people. Hope you all enjoy the session when it’s released!

-Daytrotter Facebook

SO BE CHECKING DAYTROTTER.COM

Rumpy
    Participant

wow wow wow, only now did I realize that the daytrotter thing… O_O they’d better release the thing quick, I’m hungry O_O

Rumpy
    Participant

does anybody know how long does it usually take before one of those sessions gets posted?

blake
    Participant

it shouldnt be too long.

the pitchfork sessions only took a week or so. .

Rumpy
    Participant

hopeso. I’m greatly increasing the number of hits on the site every single day… until they post the session of the day. the process repeats the next day…

hope they start playing the new stuff live once it gets debuted in the session.

Rumpy
    Participant

well… I decided I just can’t take it, so I wrote them…

"Chris — we don’t have the exact date for the posting of the Dino session just yet.
    It will likely be the week before their new album is released in June.
    Sean//DT"

-_-

well, June it is then. no getting around it. cmon, guys, darnit… -_-

King Tubby
    Participant
    "Rumpy" wrote:
    well… I decided I just can’t take it, so I wrote them…

"Chris — we don’t have the exact date for the posting of the Dino session just yet.
    It will likely be the week before their new album is released in June.
    Sean//DT"

-_-

well, June it is then. no getting around it. cmon, guys, darnit… -_-

Ahh……bummer. I was hoping to have some new recordings to tide me over until the album’s release.

Rumpy
    Participant

exactly… june feels so goddam far… :roll:

Annastefka
    Participant

I don’t know about most of you but if you are like me….I tend to forget about Noel’s blog…I went there this evening and there is some nice stuff, you know San Diego, London..an order from Noel to "go out and buy "Farm", which I did today, BTW……and a photo of J "rockin" as the kids say these days….an interesting purple floral shirt.
    [img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7CiHa1h61n0/SjQhJdWi2MI/AAAAAAAAA-s/axfv1_5cyZ8/s400/DSCF0078.JPG[/img]

King Tubby
    Participant
    "Annastefka" wrote:
    I don’t know about most of you but if you are like me….I tend to forget about Noel’s blog…I went there this evening and there is some nice stuff, you know San Diego, London..an order from Noel to "go out and buy "Farm", which I did today, BTW……and a photo of J "rockin" as the kids say these days….an interesting purple floral shirt.
    [img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7CiHa1h61n0/SjQhJdWi2MI/AAAAAAAAA-s/axfv1_5cyZ8/s400/DSCF0078.JPG[/img]

I burst out laughing when I saw that picture, and immediately sent it to some friends who tend to regard J and his outfits as naturalists regard strange rare birds.

Yeah Right
    Participant

I had no idea about this blog, it’s ace. Thanks for posting

Annastefka
    Participant

Yes, seeing J sitting at that table reminds me of the wedding of one of my husbands brothers. I had a baby in my arms and one in a back-pac…on my back and another holding my hand. Just getting to the wedding in North Carolina was going to be a chore for me..( a mother with that many children and a new baby is not sleeping through the night very well). I’ve hinted here before that my husbands family and their friends are like a "who’s who of Colombian politics and society"..I knew we all (but especially the children) had to look…impeccable (my oldest was a part of the wedding). We had such little money at that time, especially to be spending on clothes we would probably never wear again and although my Mother-in-law offered to help with money for our wedding attire, my husbands Leo pride would not allow for it and he informed her (which was the same as informing all of his brothers) that we were fine and did not need help. Mama and the kids were looking……beautiful…..all matching in shades of baby blue and crisp white……Our Daddy however, had an outfit on very similar to J’s in the photograph…a tee-shirt with a floral thing over it…Somehow Juan thought it was perfect wedding attire. The family all know my husband and they love him just as he is (the Tio’s and the Tia’s) so actually, I think his outfit was a hit with them but…..being a bit overwhelmed with children, I didn’t have time to help him with shopping. My Mother-in-law called me aside (before the wedding) and took me into a storage room in the club and she just railed me with words like "You should not have let him come like that!" "What kind of wife are you?" "Do you even know how to be a wife?" "His responsibility is to provide for you and the children….your responsibility is to him!" I was crying and crying and crying. In all the photographs everyone is smiling except for me….so sad. This Christmas we had a slide show and some of the wedding shots were in there and my Mother-in-law said out loud…."What a wonderful day"….I asked her if she remembered making me cry…and I reminded her of her words…and she said."I was never able to get Juan to dress appropriately….I can’t imagine that I would have expected you to" and then she put her arms around me and said "I love you for loving my son so perfectly and your children are a great source of pride for me" Anyway, the tables with the white table cloths and the wine glasses filled with mineral water and seeing J in that shirt brought back that whole memory for me and now I shared it with y’all. Off into the world we go this morning.

Yeah Right
    Participant

Some ace new photographs on the blog :)

[img]http://1.2.3.11/bmi/3.bp.blogspot.com/_7CiHa1h61n0/SlAIJ3Rh3nI/AAAAAAAABA0/9BWH0x6rFKI/s400/DSCF0046.JPG[/img]

Is it possible to resize images on here? I tried some BB Code but no joy ???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.