Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups Nice recording from Athens, GA 04/08/11

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Annastefka
    Participant

Brother Sloan, was very happy to be able to use the “hidden” sweet spot for gathering recording at the melting point. He was beaming after the show saying “man that sounded so nice up there” It does sound nice!

http://southernshelter.com/2011/04/out-of-towners-j-mascis-the-melting-point-4811/

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

he really did find the sweet spot! Thanks for sharing that Stefka!

King Tubby
    Participant

Cool! It still looks like Chicago was the only show that got a 4-song encore, though. Not that I’m bragging or anything.

sewersofmars
    Participant

Thank you! That’s a really good recording.

Annastefka
    Participant

Tubby, it’s okay to brag…..When in Athens J looked tired, sounded great and was in “I’m just doing my job” mode… and he did his job well. Also, I noticed some shift in the sound of his singing…something is opening and air is moving around differently…it was interesting (at least that’s how it felt to me).
    yes…the recording is very nice and warm….for the type of recording that it was.

SimonM
    Participant

That sounds great! It’s also nice to hear Not The Same.

Annastefka
    Participant

I agree SimonM “Not the Same” was nice and I really enjoyed “Ocean in the Way” (and all the songs from whatever it’s called, yikes, ummm, Oh, yeah…”Several Shades..etc” ) Spectacular. Hey, Spec-tac-u-lar…I Just noticed what a great word that is….could have named each of my four kids that word ripped apart and in that order because they all seem to be wonderously radiating lately. I’ll just go ahead and take the blame for that! (he,he)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.