Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions News on J’s condition & Germany solo gigs!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    jasper
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote

Quote:
    there should be no talk of Lou Barlow on this site. He is the Anti-J. If you own any of his music and like it , then do not consider yr self a Dinosaur jr fan, or destroy his music. WE WILL HAVE NONE OF THAT!!!

Sorry to be completely off topic here, but this is too wrong to let it slide. So, you don’t like Lou’s music. Fine. But don’t tell us what we can and can’t talk about. Last time I checked, you weren’t Jeremiah, or part of his team. Personally, I think that Lou has made quite a few wonderful, beatiful albums over the past years. Also, I think that his and J’s music have a lot in common. The themes of their work seem to be closely related. (Just listen to a song like "Together or Alone.") But that’s not even my point. I just want to state that – especially considering the fact that Lou was once part of Dinosaur Jr. – I will talk about him on this site whenever I feel like it. And so can everybody else. Thank you very much.

turnipfarmer
    Participant

to those who are going to attend the Berlin show – no tickets pre sale, just be there as early as you can. show starts at 10pm. tix are 20 DM. here’s the link to the café where J is going to perform.

[img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

jasper
    Participant

Thanks for the info, Turnipfarmer. Do you know anything about the show in Köln? It’s not that far from the Dutch border, and me and Samwise are thinking about going there. Does anyone have the address of the website of this place? (If it has one.) Or just the actual address in Köln?

turnipfarmer
    Participant

hey jasper,

here you can find anything you desire.

[img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

jasper
    Participant

Thanks! [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img]

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

It is so cool to see that J is out there starting to play again… [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrinbounce.gif[/img] I keep looking at that list though & hoping to see Minneapolis listed…fingers crossed in Canada [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/aliensmile.gif[/img]

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

More dates!(also found in the FS news on the front page)

Scheduled Dates (Subject to change) –

Oct. 27th – Berlin-Tacheles Cafe
    Oct. 29th – Köln (Cologne)- Gebäute 9
    Nov. 30th – Blind Pig – Ann Arbor, MI
    Dec. 1st – Empty Bottle – Chicago, IL
    Dec. 2nd – Grog Shop – Cleveland, OH

jeremiah – still dragging from the journey and regretting ever returning to work [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    J’s coming to Cleveland, J’s coming to Cleveland, J’s coming to Cleveland!
    God I can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Will tell you all all about it once I’ve seen it.Holy shit! J twice in one year. The music gods have looked down upon me! They have seen my suffering and shall now repay me for my anguish and suffering.
    Well, better quit waisting time here and find out about tix, prices, and directions.
    Anyone planning on going to this show? Hopefully I’ll see you there.

Big problem-Finals the next day. Should I let that prevent me from seeing this show…
    Yeah Right!!!

OneWoodman
    Participant

Hey all!
    I cuold just cry. I was so happy that J an the Fog would play in Wiesbaden, but than happenend this accident. And now I got the cool message he’ll come again to Germany. I would give a lot to visti a concert from J, but how can I and my friend (both 15 years old) come to a J concert in Köln? We come from Mannheim, and thats too far. Perhaps we take all our money and just go there by train, with no ask to our parnts. But how should we do that on an Monday? We could despair. Please J, come to Frankfurt or to Karlsruhe, here are 2 young Dinosaur Jr fanatics whose only big dream is , this time, to visit a J MAscis concert. I know if we don’t go to this concert, we’ll have to wait a few years til you’ll come again to Germany. Think about it.
    Mo and Atzling

Jebus
    Participant

Can someone ask J. if he’ll play Tulsa, Ok. Cain’s Ballroom is a great place. Bob Wills used to broadcast from there.

Please….

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.