Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups Newcastle Academy May 15th

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Yeah Right
    Participant

I doubt there are any FS posters going to this one? it’s the closest they’ve played to my home town so I’m kind of stoked. Although I’d miss the feeling of travelling to get to the show so I’m going to go to the Glasgow gig too. Anyone?

chris2159
    Participant

I’m going, ticket bought and hoping to get a few friends from Newcastle along too. I don’t think they have played the North East since they reformed so they should draw a decent crowd. Northern crowds always seem louder than those down south (where I last saw Dinosaur Jr play) so should be a great atmosphere.

Yeah Right
    Participant

Yeah the closest they’ve is played so far is Glasgow… or maybe Manchester, whichever’s closer. The North East isn’t exactly a hot spot for Dino fans but hopefully it’ll be a big enough and loud enough crowd to make them come back.

Yeah Right
    Participant

Just hit me that I’ll be seeing Dino & BTS in a few hours. Usually I have the journey to wherever as a build up. Stoked.

Yeah Right
    Participant

I’m rubbish at remembering setlists but it was something like…

Thumb
    Pieces
    Imagination blind
    Outthere
    Forget the swan
    Raisans
    Over it
    Freakscene

Just like heaven
    Sludgefeast

I have a few photos to post… No Murph again.

Yeah Right
    Participant

And no blue Farm hoodies :cry:

chris2159
    Participant

I thought they were pretty great considering they were soldiering on without Murph and had a stand in drummer. Anyone know who their temporary drummer is? And whether he plays in another band?

I am pretty bad at remembering set lists too but have noted down what I can remember.

Set list from memory and not in the right order

Thumb
    Budge
    (can’t remember the third one –might have been No Bones)
    Imagination blind
    Pieces
    Out there
    Feel the Pain
    Over it
    Freak Scene
    Raisons
    The Wagon
    Forget the Swan

Just Like Heaven
    Sludgefest

Matthoney
    Participant

It’s Kyle Spence….he played in the last touring incarnation of the Fog.

Yeah Right
    Participant

They definately played no bones but I think it was a little later on. I’m gutted Murph wasn’t there but on the plus side I’ve almost seen The Fog :-p

Have to give a shout out for Built To Spill too, Dinosaur always have sweet guests but this was the business.

Kyle also plays in Harvey Milk, Fiddlehead and The Tom Collins, they’re all from Athens.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.