Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions New Watt interview series – J mentioned..dead for now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

cjmarsicano
    Participant

Greetings, all.

Don’t mean to make this sound like a plug, but I felt that J’s fans might be interested in the interview that we (Project X) conducted with Mike Watt that started going up on Monday.

Here’s the URL: A Conversation With Mike Watt, Part 1 — Project X (proj-ex.net)

Thanks!

jeremiah
    Keymaster

Hey CJ [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img] I was going to post this today [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

Nice Job!

cjmarsicano
    Participant

Thanks, Jerimiah! It’s all much appreciated.

For everyone else, Part 2 just went up this morning at http://www.proj-ex.net/article1050.html — enjoy!

Please let me know what you think of the spiel so far at <A>[email protected]</A>

cjmarsicano
    Participant

S-guy,

Glad you’re digging the interview. Wait till you see tomorrow’s segment — if your comments on today’s installment are any indication, you’ll probably cream like a fanboy [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img] Hell, I was trying not to the entire time I was spieling with Watt on the phone! [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img]

CJ

Mattman
    Participant

Great interview CJ! Definately one of the best interviews I’ve read in a long time. [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

cjmarsicano
    Participant

Thank you, Matt! [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

CJ

Mattman
    Participant

No problem, [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

I just like your style of interview, real ‘person-to-person’, instead of ‘interview-guy-to-punk-rock-legend’ kind of thing. I’ve noticed from other articles and such that Watt seems to respond better if people talk to him as if they had always been friends. [img]images/smiles/converted/cool.gif[/img]

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

I am with the others here, GREAT interview…let your freak flag fly…my new fav quote from Watt [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Allison

SG
    Participant

that freak flag high is a Hendrix lyric,it`s from the song "If 6 was 9".

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Salamiguy,

Makes me like that quote even more… [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

Allison

cjmarsicano
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mattman:
    <STRONG>I just like your style of interview, real ‘person-to-person’, instead of ‘interview-guy-to-punk-rock-legend’ kind of thing. </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike told me at the end of the interview that he thinks I got a lot out of him that he didn’t think he could have said alone. When I e-mailed him to thank him (after listening to the tape and reacting like this — [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] — ’cause I couldn’t believe I had talked to him!) he also declared me to be "a great spieler"! [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img] Lovely man.

cjmarsicano
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Another Girl Another Planet:
    <STRONG>Hey,

I am with the others here, GREAT interview…l</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you, Alison [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

CJ

cjmarsicano
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by salamiguy:
    <STRONG>that freak flag high is a Hendrix lyric,it`s from the song "If 6 was 9".</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And what’s funnier is, Watt was describing Joey Ramone’s attitude towards life when he said that [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img]

CJ

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

Wow I like that quote even more know, talking about Joey Ramones view on life…Watt is just too cool. Pedro slang in french…should be hilarious…thank god I have the glossary and a french dictionary. He used a phrase that described us Canadians well once…people from the land of ice and snow..or something like that…its zeppelin but I much prefer the Watt version. Although I always think of Calgary…cowtown…as the cowboy centre of the Canadian universe [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

Really looking forward to Watt’s spiel on the current music scene…thanks tons for this!!!
    I agree with Mattman, the style of your questions definitely got the best out of Watt…congrats.

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/cwm12.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

Thanks for this man;it`s great!Watt always has alot of cool stuff to say.
    Like when you mentioned jazz fusion,I had some friends like that thinking jazz fusion was it and punk sucked;I always tried to defend it but they would`nt listen,never see those friends anymore!
    Can`t wait to read about Watt`s love of jazz;I was a huge jazz fan before punk/indie rock hit me so it`s cool to hear someone that likes both.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.