Home Forums General Discussions Introductions new to the scene

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    LeeisFree
    Participant

hello, I’m lee. Where I live (island at the bottom of Australia) everyone is super conservative and into sugar-coated pop, so i’ll dig talking about great music with you. I’ve been into Sonic Youth for as long as I can remember, but have only been into Dinosaur Jr. for less than a year. I was bought tickets for a show in my town, and saw them on my 16th birthday. there couldn’t have been a better introduction to that sound than a live gig. I play guitar in a noise band (just a bunch of students being loud) and believe whole-heartedly in the physical ritual of music. vinyl all the way! well that’s ’bout it for me, you?

essgee09
    Participant

Welcome :D

What other bands do you like?

tonas

Welcome! :D

LeeisFree
    Participant

thanks a bunch.

"essgee09" wrote:

ahh, gee, I like The Stooges, the Velvet Underground, The 13th floor elevators, the classic punk stuff; Sex Pistols, Ramones, Voidoids, cramps, Teenage Jesus and the Jerks, eater, The Patti Smith Group. Later stuff I suppose Pixies, The Birthday Party, Nirvana, Mudhoney, Sea Scouts, The Strokes, The Brian Jonestown Massacre. I dunno, a bunch of stuff. It depends on your mood each day, huh?
    What about you all. What bands are trending with users here?

Robert
    Participant

Welcome to FS, Lee.
    Also, nice undies.

essgee09
    Participant
    "LeeisFree" wrote:
    thanks a bunch.

"essgee09" wrote:

ahh, gee, I like The Stooges, the Velvet Underground, The 13th floor elevators, the classic punk stuff; Sex Pistols, Ramones, Voidoids, cramps, Teenage Jesus and the Jerks, eater, The Patti Smith Group. Later stuff I suppose Pixies, The Birthday Party, Nirvana, Mudhoney, Sea Scouts, The Strokes, The Brian Jonestown Massacre. I dunno, a bunch of stuff. It depends on your mood each day, huh

Good list :) I like alot of those bands too.We`re an eclectic bunch:Girl loves The Wipers,Pixies,Stiff Little Fingers,Pavement… Robert digs alot of garage rock,Stefka loves Led Zeppelin,Tonas is really into Kiss,Tom is into Love,I`m into blues,jazz,folk,country,some classic rock,punk,`80s/90s indie and whatever else,I don`t like catergorizing music,just whatever I like

LeeisFree
    Participant
    "essgee09" wrote:
    "LeeisFree" wrote:
    thanks a bunch.

"essgee09" wrote:

ahh, gee, I like The Stooges, the Velvet Underground, The 13th floor elevators, the classic punk stuff; Sex Pistols, Ramones, Voidoids, cramps, Teenage Jesus and the Jerks, eater, The Patti Smith Group. Later stuff I suppose Pixies, The Birthday Party, Nirvana, Mudhoney, Sea Scouts, The Strokes, The Brian Jonestown Massacre. I dunno, a bunch of stuff. It depends on your mood each day, huh

Good list :) I like alot of those bands too.We`re an eclectic bunch:Girl loves The Wipers,Pixies,Stiff Little Fingers,Pavement… Robert digs alot of garage rock,Stefka loves Led Zeppelin,Tonas is really into Kiss,Tom is into Love,I`m into blues,jazz,folk,country,some classic rock,punk,`80s/90s indie and whatever else,I don`t like catergorizing music,just whatever I like

we’re gonna get on well.

"Robert" wrote:
    Welcome to FS, Lee.
    Also, nice undies.

haha. oh thanks, I thought so

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.