Home Forums General Discussions Introductions New Member Here

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

kobain94
    Participant

Hello to everyone out there

I joined the online community of J.Mascis on December 28, 2001 at 9:40pm Australian Sydney EST time.

My name is Ben, I am 16 years old and I am a student currently at school entering year 12. My number 1 favourite hobby is playing guitar. It’s something which i HAVE to do everyday, I have an uncontrollable passion for playing guitar. When I’m on vacation, It just dont feel the same.

I got into Dinasour Jr. originally after hearing about them through Nirvana. Practically every band I have discovered is through one of the band member’s (of Nirvana) likings, although I passed up Dinasour Jr. I have respect for them, but I never really got into them.

Now recently I bought a copy of Rolling Stone Magazine and It had a CD with hit, which featured the J.Mascis track "Waistin". I enjoyed that immensley and since then I have been following him.

He has greatly influenced my guitar playing. He is one of my inspirations.

Well, that’s all I’d like to say. I hope that my stay here is good. If you have any questions to ask, ask here!

Javro

welcome aboard Sir. Cobain asked Mascis to drum for Nirvana before he found Grohl, but J declined to pursue Dinosaur Jr thank the Lord.
    If you love guitar, have a look at the links section on here and stream the Mascis live accoustic gig from the Underworld in the UK last year.
    Easy.

Ben

SG
    Participant

Kobain94-welcome to the boards! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    There`s some Nirvana fans around here so you`ll feel at home.It`s a great site,lots of cool stuff around here.

rosa
    Participant

Welcome aboard 94!

Man, Rolling Stone comes with a free CD in Australia?? I might just have to move.

Enjoy your stay here…many cool people….

xo
    Rosa

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Welcome on board and enjoy yourself, kobain94!

….sounds great, Mascis and the Fog on a free cd with Rolling Stone…., haven’t read RS for ages, well, I bought a copy of the German edition a couple of months ago in Switzerland, and that had quite a cool cd with it as well, the Strokes and some other new stuff, and the german RS was much more a ‘music-magazine’ than the US version that I remember…..

AGAP
    Participant

Hi Kobain94,

Like everyone else said welcome to the board!!! Always cool to hear someone else who thinks J’s guitar playing is AMAZING [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I agree with Javro, you should check out that acoustic show under links/multimedia. If you check under J Mascis tours there are a number of cool concert reviews/setlists/pics and an ultracool link by Sad Mafioso to an electric Mascis show from Nov 2000…from France I think.

So hey, hope to see you in other parts of the board. Like SG said there are tons of cool things to check out here.

We have more than a few members from Oz, lots are silent…or silent for now [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] …all have had some interesting and cool things to add every now and then.

Allison [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

jamclark
    Participant

Howdy Everybody,

My name is Jamie and I used to be on the blank.net / y!groups mailing list, as well as running the negelected Turnip Farm (which is now back up at [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

http://www.corsmith.yi.org/~jamclark/dinosaur.html

I’ve been listening to the ‘Saur since the summer of 1994. They were the first ‘rock show’ I went to on the Without a Sound tour, and for the next 5 or 6 years I was a serious hardcore fan. Then in 2000, my passion for their music sorta died down. I never woke up and said ‘this sucks’ or even ‘i dont like this anymore’. I just started listening to different music. I was also involved in a really good relationship and the need to find gloomy music wasn’t quite there, like it had been before.

But needless to say the pure evilness of chicks has brought me back J and Co. So now, I’m back to my old self.. Listening to Dino Jr, Sebadoh, Smog, Palace and Built to Spill. I also found my ‘car copy’ of the Quest EP, and I listened to that on my way over to Illinois a couple weekends ago.

And that’s about it. I’m always up for email and all that jazz. Hope everyone has a stellar 2002.

-Jamie

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Jamie,

Saw your name up top the other day as the newest member, kinda thought it might be the one who ran that cool site!!! Welcome to the boards, looking forward to your opinions/ideas on all things J and more [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

Hey AGAP, I was thinking the same thing. The turnip farm was where I use to get all my dino tabs/lyrics when I first started playing and listening to Dino. Then it disappeared [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img] but now it’s back! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Glad to see someone else from the big O-H-I-O here.

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: kurticus7 ]</p>

jeremiah
    Keymaster

Hey Jamie – Glad to have you back around but I am very sorry to hear about you and adrienne [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: jeremiah ]</p>

Mattman
    Participant

WOW! Jamie, it’s been a while.. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

’bout time you joined us here at FreakScene. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

jasper
    Participant

Hey Jamie! Good to see you here. Your Turnip Farm site used to be one of my favourite ways to keep myself from studying. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] Welcome to the board, and have a wonderful 2002.

jamclark
    Participant

Hey Everybody,

Thanks for the warm welcome. It’s like old times on the majordomo list.

Mattman: Good to see you’re alive and kicking. I saw someone that looked very, very much like you at a GBV show earlier this year.. I wrote it off as a coincidence. Was it? Is it true you hung out at a Dairy Queen in Illinois with a girl we both know?

Jasper: Hey, how’s it going? How goes the Euro? Holland is in on it, right?

AGAP: Nice to meet you. Don’t worry, soon you’ll be wishing I’d shut up already. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Kurticus: Do you goto Ohio State?

Jeremiah: Great to see that the web page has turned even more interactive. If you ever want to bitchslap me around and get me to do the lyrics / tabs / discography page for you, just holler. Thanks for the condolences… 2 years and the fact I didn’t bolt Ohio for greener pastures after graduation doesn’t mean crap to a girl I guess [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

-Jamie, so bitter he’s sweet [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Mattman
    Participant

Hey Jamie, while it just happens that I was at a GBV show earlier last year ( [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] ), it was in Athens, GA back in March. So the only other option is that you must’ve run into my evil twin. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

…or am I the evil one? I always get us mixed up. [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

jasper
    Participant

<blockquote><font>quote

Quote:
    How goes the Euro? Holland is in on it, right?

Yes, we are. And according to our politicians, we even are World Champion of the Euro Introduction tournament. A position we’d all gladly give up just to go to the World Championship soccer this year, I’m sure. Sigh.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.