Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups New Haven, CT – 10/7/09

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gergsie
    Participant

A pretty good show in New Haven last night – "Thumb" was especially good. I was REALLY tired and not in the best mood, so I left before the encore (figuring I wasn’t going to get to hear the two songs I really wanted to hear since they play them so rarely these days). It was really good to hear a set made up mostly of songs I hadn’t heard the band play before.

Setlist:

Thumb
    I Want You To Know
    Imagination Blind
    Get Me
    Pieces
    Plans
    Crumble
    Feel The Pain
    Little Fury Things
    Back To Your Heart
    Over It
    Forget The Swan

Bearcat93
    Participant

The Euro and now North American shows here recently seem a little on the short side (unless CT had a 3-4 song encore). Anyone else feeling this way?

Obseqio
    Participant

Yeah, it sounds like the sets aren’t much longer than an hour. Boo to that! I want 1 1/2 at least! Especially as ticket prices have gone up!

darren
    Participant

I don’t know about the rest of Europe but they played 16 songs in total at the recent show in London, so no complaints from me !

gergsie
    Participant

Well, keep in mind that I did leave early, but the show up to that point was almost exactly an hour.

For me, it’s more about song selection than length – I’d rather hear a shorter Dinosaur Jr. set full of different songs than a long set containing the same songs. This set was great for its inclusion of so many songs I’d never heard them play before.

Also, Lou and the Missingmen were really enjoyable.

Bearcat93
    Participant

I’d be more than happy with 16, which is what I saw in 05 in Covington, KY at the Madison Theater:

Gargoyle
    Tarpit
    Raisans
    Bulbs of Passion
    Budge
    Little Fury Things
    Forget the Swan
    Repulsion
    In a Jar
    The Lung
    Kracked
    Sludgefeast
    Just Like Heaven
    Freak Scene
    Mountain Man
    Chunks

Of course, I’m great with swapping out Farm tracks with some of these, Farm’s great. I’m also with you on selection, really makes the show. I’d be ok with Sludge and Lung every show, but some others can fall off every now and then. Some Hand it Over would make the night……

King Tubby
    Participant

I think at this point they’re pretty much on autopilot, just trying to survive the rest of the tour.

vu1992
    Participant

I really enjoyed last night’s show. I saw them earlier this year at Daniel Street and thought they sounded kinda rough.

The set list was really what made me happy – opening with "Thumb", plus "Get Me" and all the new songs.

Weather Report
    Participant

Actually show wasn’t that short, seemed a little longer than when I saw them at Central Park in August. The set list was quite different than the Central Park show also. Was great to hear Thumb, Get Me, Budge, and Forget the swan for the 1st time. Here’s what I wrote down at Toad’s:
    Thumb
    I Want You To Know
    Imagination Blind
    Get Me
    Pieces
    Plans
    Crumble
    Feel The Pain
    Over It
    Little Furry Things
    Forget The Swan
    Back To Your Heart
    Freakscene
    I Don’t Wanna Go There
    encore:
    No Bones
    Just Like Heaven :bat:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.