Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

singingbear
    Participant

As a newbie here (who knows shamefully little about J’s music), which three albums should I check out first? I already have ‘Green Mind’.

SG
    Participant

I`d say Bug,Where You Been,and You`re Living All Over Me :aliensmile:

singingbear
    Participant

Many thanks. Kung Fu! I’ll be onto it! :D

dakota blue
    Participant

you’re living all over me is essential m’man!

AGAP
    Participant

I agree, one of my fav’s :mrgreen:

More Light by J & The Fog is also highly recommended, Kevin Shields contributions… 8)

ps great Watt avatar :!:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey singingbear, welcome here :D

you can’t really do wrong with Dino/J, because all the stuff is great :mrgreen:

…of course there are differences, the early Dino albums Dinosaur, Bug and You’re Living All Over Me are rather rough & raw.

From Green Mind on (sans Lou Barlow) the records are more elaborated, which also includes the J & the Fog albums. (also there is Martin & Me, which is a J solo acoustic live album, and maybe not exactly the record to start with, although it’s fine, either)

so, if you liked the sound & attitude of Green Mind, you might continue with ‘Where You Been’. If you like a rougher production, you should switch to ‘You’re Living All Over Me’.

For orientation, the great Dino/J discography site http://www.keeblin.com might help :)

Anyways, enjoy checking out the Dino/ J records and tell us what you think :!: :D

singingbear
    Participant

Many thanks to all for the suggestions! :D I’ll start working on it!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.