Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    empire3

Oops Sorry I mean New Year – Happy New Year : ) – Don’t worry I hate myself sometimes 🙂

Happy NY J please release that new solo album(there is one! and I know he reads this forum!!!)
    Lou – Can’t wait for the new sebadoh and UK tour!
    Murph – More interviews please! Yours are the best( A twitter account maybe?)

Also dinosaur jr in Europe and the pierce the morning 7″ out next month – see the top bit was not a total lie : )

Obseqio
    Participant

Happy New Years Empire!

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Happy New Year!!

doesitfloat
    Participant

new J solo album huh?

empire3

I spoke to him when he was in London and he implied another solo CD. Although that was a while ago and he was probably trying to get rid of me : ) -Plus maybe that album turned into tracks on IBOS??. He never has much to say as I’m sure your aware! Although he did sign some stuff (which some C*NT stole with my bag) and I got to watch the soundcheck by myself! Plus a photo together…..Good day

https://twitter.com/i/#!/BulbsOfPassion/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FqYgOcwLX

doesitfloat
    Participant

…. you met J…..

i can’t imagine what i’d do if i got to speak to him… how did you get to meet + watch the soundcheck?!!

but yeah it’s good to hear he has plans for another solo album! following that, another UK tour hopefully!

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

that would be a good day, even with the stolen stuff!

There is also a new Witch album in the works as well as a 2 (or maybe 3) cd set from Sweet Apple – not sure if it will be released in a staggered fashion or bundled though

empire3

@doesitfloat As a band they just kind of walk about…… I’ve stood and just talked to Murph outside the Scala having a smoke or they sit in a bar next door. They don’t hide away, What’s strange though is either I’m really uncool as I always go and say hello or nobody else notices them 🙂 ?
    Once I saw J play a solo gig and he stood at the bar before the show by himself for 30 mins+, not one person spoke to him!?? Then the light on stage came on and he walked through the crowd and just climbed up and played…… Quite funny. I was stood next to him going “and can you sign this and this and this………..”

I did work as a buyer in music so I got backstage passes sometimes, but that time I met him I just walked in the back door of the venue and sat down, Normally if nobody knows who you are, they think you work there ;)!

doesitfloat
    Participant

haha that is so sweet and a very funny story about Murph and J…! that’s quit amazing how no one bothered to speak to J…. ha ha

Mattman
    Participant

I got backstage passes a couple of years ago, when Dinosaur Jr was touring with Watt. It was pretty funny… My friend and I went back and saw Watt and J talking (well, Watt was doing all the talking), and it was Lou who enthusiastically invited us in, welcomed us to grab something out of the cooler and hang out. We also got to watch them film part of the video for “Over It”. Specifically the part where “J” (AKA a stunt skater in a grey wig) hops across a table covered in glass bottles and crashed into the wall. It was pretty cool to be a part of all that. The only downer is that J really didn’t look like he was feeling well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.