Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic new arrival

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Javro

just had a beautiful little girl, Jessica Rose.

at the moment the only thing that soothes her is Lemonheads and Sun Kil Moon. I’m working up to playing her Dinosaur.

any top tips from parents out there on other soothing baby music?

tonas

When my little girl was a baby I would sing her Tarpit to get her to go to sleep. She still loves that song to this day, and so do I.

Congrats Javro, theres nothing like beign a dad.

essgee09
    Participant
    "Javro" wrote:
    just had a beautiful little girl, Jessica Rose.

at the moment the only thing that soothes her is Lemonheads and Sun Kil Moon. I’m working up to playing her Dinosaur.

any top tips from parents out there on other soothing baby music?

Congrats! :)

You might try Afghan Whigs so her first word would be ‘Dulli’ 8)

jeremiah
    Keymaster

Congrats! That is a beautiful name too :)

Robert
    Participant

O’hoihoi !

Congratulations :mrgreen:

How about the first two Beirut albums ?

How is having to combine fatherhood with weilding the angry stick ?

& have you bought her a West Ham baby shirt yet ?

tonas

I also remember Little Fury Things going over great too, thats a good one to sing to your little one. :D

Javro

Tonas – tried singing that last night, she seemed to like it.

Robert – funny you should say that, as soon as i found out we were having a girl, I went to the West Ham store and bought her a pink and grey tracksuit. unfortunately i have to wait until she’s six months so that she can wear it. How well you know me. Hope you’re well pal, been a long time.

Afghan Whigs – good shout. Will try a bit of Milez iz Dead tonight.

At least someone’s willing to listen to daddy playing guitar (although the poor lamb has little choice…)

thanks all

Robert
    Participant

It’s been too long Javro, there’s no denying that. Next time I’m at Boleyn Ground I’ll shout your name from the bleachers and buy you a pint of bitter to properly celebrate the arrival of Jessica Rose.
    How does she take to Withnail & I, The Young Ones and Bottom ?

Ween, a newborn has got to love Ween !

essgee09
    Participant
    "Robert" wrote:
    Ween, a newborn has got to love Ween !

That should be on a bumpersticker

tom
    Participant

Congrats!

My wife and I just had our third on Wednesday (Madison Grace).

I always put headphones and music on my wifes belly during pregnancy, which may sound lame, but was actually amazing. The baby would start moving like crazy in response to the sound, and the tempo of the song would bring about a different reaction. My boys loved surf/instro music, especially the slower, more melodic tunes. The Mermen, Los Straitjackets, Daikaiju, Dick Dale, The Bambi Molesters, and The Woodies were some of their favorites.

Both boys(4 and 2) love Dinosaur jr. They’ll play air guitar and say "Dad, I”m rocking like J". My 2 year old even asked why J sounds so sad when he sings yesterday LOL. My oldest loves Love, Built to Spill, Grandaddy (especially Nature Anthem when he was little)and the Flaming Lips. I’m pretty sure they just like these things because I do, but its still awesome to hear them ask if they can bring a J cd into the car, and make other musical requests.

Congrats on the new additon to your family!

girl
    Participant

Oh my goodness, you guys are making me want kids. :D

This weekend I was lounging around with a friend of mine who is going to have a baby and I saw the baby kick and actually saw the outline of his foot on her belly. :shock: How completely amazing and miraculous is that?!

ps Congrats Tom and Javro on the new arrivals. :D May your babies have great taste in music. which it seems they already do

essgee09
    Participant

Congrats Tom! :D

tom
    Participant

Thanks girl and essgee!

Annastefka
    Participant

Congrats. My fav music for babies was always the dryer running especially with a pair of keds (not kids) inside. Fantastic sleep inducing magic…..faloomp, faloomp, faloomp, plop…..faloomp, faloomp, faloomp, plop. I would put the baby swing in the laundry room and close the door quietly.

maxini
    Participant

Big congrats to Javro and Tom :D

Like tonas said, there’s nothing like being a daddy (or mommy I guess)

Not actively trying to expose our 7.5 months old daughter to Dinosaur, but obviously some exposure has been inevitable :mrgreen:

I’m mostly singing little songs in swedish, like imse vimse spindel (itsy bitsy spider). She loves it when you show with your fingers how the spider climbes up the water sprout, and being washed away by the rain etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.