Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Neil Young

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Shade
    Participant

I love Harvest Moon. When I moved to LA five years ago, before I had any friends or furniture, I used to sit in my empty apartment after work at least 4 nights of the week and listen to Harvest Moon. It was a great comfort. Neil helped me through some lonlely times. Five years later, I have great friends and great furniture. Ha Ha!

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Hansione
    Participant

That is breaking the news: new footage by Neil! I saw Neil twice last year and I can tell you he is in a good shape. With the line up mentioned it sure will rock and roll!
    And Shade, Neil’s music is comforting me a long time, I can see your picture in LA!

Long Distance Drunk
    Participant

Thanks for the link! Adding to my original thoughts to (’cause I have tons): I also thank Neil for opening my eyes to different kinds of music. Knowing that there was nothing wrong with going from rockin’ to folk to electronic stuff had allot to do with my varied musical tastes. I read once that Neil loves rap (that was like 10 years ago), so that helped to. So thanks for opening my mind Neil!

BTW everytime I hear Sweet Home Alabama, I have to give the finger, just because they diss Neil! I encourage everyone to do the same…

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

</font><blockquote><font>quote:</font><hr><font>Originally posted by Hit the Wine:
    <strong>BTW everytime I hear Sweet Home Alabama, I have to give the finger, just because they diss Neil! I encourage everyone to do the same…</strong></font><hr></blockquote><font>

At the final show of his European tour in Rotterdam last year Neil was wearing a Lynyrd Skynyrd t-shirt
    [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

kingink
    Participant

There are a lot of good Neil albums – go for Weld, Year of the Horse or Ragged Glory.Avoid a lot of the 80’s stuff – it’s not good.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.