Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic my favourite black, lesbian digeridooplayers

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Salamiguy,

Thanks for the explanation, your right thought you were dissin Jerry [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] The hx thing about old jazz versus new stuff, yeah I read that bit and as I know zippo about that thought I would put my own spin on it. Didn’t mean to imply that you would prefer old versus new rock..obviously not the case you have one of the most diverse tastes I have seen on these boards..cool with me definitely. But that same arguement has been made about some of my most fav bands and felt the need to speak up on it…couldn’t help myself actually. Thought it kinda fit in with the recent thread about the poor state of alt rock…god I hate that label…even though I use it [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Have heard Sun Ra and some Coltrane as well as a good bit of Calloway…pretty cool but after about ten minutes my head starts spinning [img]images/smiles/converted/cwm12.gif[/img] But hey that could just be my tiny little brain [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

Your right about the mini jazz band members…they are so cool. Have those figures up in my fold out Pee Wee’s Playhouse..silly but fun [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Allison…again thanks for the tips

dimpfelmoser
    Participant

I think of the more sophisticated Drum and Bass tracks and Acid Jazz as the most interesting forms of contemporary Jazz. Or the last CD from St. Germain, where he combined Miles Davis soundalikes with French Deep House. Very nice.
    I don´t reckon the current indie scene is any better or worse than at any other time. It´s just, that the older you get, it takes more to exite you. At least in my case. When I was 20, 22, I had a new favourite band every week and I thought that everyone was a genius -musicwise- if they could hold their guitars the right way round. But the more you´ve heard, the more you know, the more you´re reminded of things you´ve heard before and it´s hard to get exited about some bands who try to sound like the Smiths/Stooges/Sonic Youth ect, if you have heard it all a million times before. Guess, that´s sad, cause we should support new and upcoming bands, cause they really need it. But what can you do?
    gruss
    d

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

You are probably right about the current state of the indie scene, I definitely need to make an effort to not dismiss things so quickly ie give it more than one or two listens before sending it to the heard that before pile. But I fall into the same category as you D with tons of fav bands from way back…and your right hard to meet that threshold of coolness that works for my tiny litle brain…but my loss if I don’t make the effort. I really do try though..for the most part..to keep my ears open to new experiences and have added some pretty cool new stuff to my collection. Although many times checking out new bands/shows/discs if it just isn’t working for me my internal cd drive will kick in and some cool song will start playing in my brain [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img] Hard to control that sometimes, even happened listening to my pals new group…More Light started playing…guess they just weren’t sonic enuf at that point [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] I definitely need to work harder…yikes [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Allison

Javro

Sophisticated drum and bass????

A little oxymoronic, n’est ce pas? D&B is just jungle for wankers. It needs to be raw and stripped, as soon as tossers like Bukem got a hold of it, and started calling it shit like "intelligent drum and bass", just so the press could understand it, the scene started to fall apart. Listen to Ed Rush and Optical (wormhole) and hear the way it was meant to be. Also, check out Kosheen, Die and Tru Playaz.

[img]images/smiles/converted/mad.gif[/img]

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.