Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups My coverage of the Irving Plaza, NYC show on Friday, June 7th

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    cooldad
    Participant

No Murph, but Lou said not to worry. He’ll be back. — http://www.cooldadmusic.com/2013/06/dinosaur-jr-played-irving-plaza-on.html#.UbXITPaY4x0

Obseqio
    Participant

Great review cooldad!

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

nice job!

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

Kyle Spence is a great drummer; saw him play with J and the Fog at MBV ATP. A more than adequate stand in for Murph.

cooldad
    Participant

Ah… Kyle. Mis-typed it as Keith. Fixed now. Apologies to Mr. Spence. I don’t keep notes. Maybe I should.

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

did he have that massive bass drum? Like J’s Witch drum?

cooldad
    Participant

Nice set of photos here: http://www.thewaster.com/photography/dinosaur-jr-reignwolf-06-07-13-irving-plaza-nyc/#prettyPhoto

Didn’t really notice on Friday, but that drum looks pretty big in the pic.

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

yeah. massive. pounding!

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster
    Annastefka
    Participant

Damn….that was fucking awesome….saw a band in Athens Saturday night that had that deep sludgey sound…pressed us into the freaking floor. It was N I C E (screamed in my deepest harshest voice)….after the show, we were like hmmm, was that really so awesome or were we just so in need of a diversion.

Annastefka
    Participant

I had to say…that although I’ve said here before that I didn’t like that deep wound stuff….I’ve discovered….for me….its not for listening to at home or in the car…but this type of sound works best live and in person. Our new moon Gemini Saturday celebration band did their thang in this tiny space (holds 50?) We sat against a back wall on a table and the pictures on the walls were shaking, the table was vibrating, the floor was humming along with my ass, rib cage and pineal gland. Afterwards, walking back to the car….everything felt still very stimulated…like you know what I mean, the body was still processing it, still sort of humming…and I turned to my friend and said…”I think we just got fucked with sound”….that puts it into a kind of performance art type of event. I was super stoned which made it even more tasty. I had not had this thing happen before sooooo strongly. I suppose the smaller the club the deeper the rub. I don’t know. They are playing again in a few weeks at another small space and my girl and I are so already there. The sound brothel experience is what we are calling it. Oh God…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.