Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mjw666
    Participant

This is a passage from the book "Our band could be your life" (P 364). It gives an idea about the bands intense relationship. This is a favourite passage and describes an incident that happend in a motel room during the YLAOM tour.

Mascis tossed some offhand barb at murph. "And murph just yells at him, ‘you should be raped by a bald black man!’" says barlow. "And J goes, ‘that would be you, murph?" with wicked precision, the remark hit on both Murph’s sexual insecurities and the fact that his hairline was prematurely receding. "And Murph" says Barlow, "just had a total breakdown."
    Murph hurled a table, a suitcase, and a lamp across the room and began crying and saying. "I can’t take it, I just can’t take it" "And it was such a dramatic burst of violence and energy that it cause everyone to just go, ‘Whoa…,’" says Felter. Hours later Murph was still weeping and pacing around, smoking a cigaretee to calm his nerves; Mascis was sound asleep in bed

expect nothing
    Participant

That books a really good read + its broken down into each band making it an easy read. I think some things in there were maybe exagurated a little bit, but that passage is a good one … "Hours later Murph was still weeping and pacing around, smoking a cigaretee to calm his nerves; Mascis was sound asleep in bed" Its sums a lot of things in the Dinosaur Jr chapter up – things have changed alot now though :aliensmile:

mjw666
    Participant

the "Mascis was sound asleep" painted a funny picture in my head and made me laugh. Its something I can really imagine J doing after hurting someone. Not bothered at all.

FlyingCloud
    Participant

don’t forget, that J has been attacked with words in a rude way.
    and what do you do with people who are extremely upset? Wouldn’t it be best to leave them alone, and give them time to come to their senses?
    … J asleep? …tired, maybe? :?

As interesting these stories might be, I don’t think we can really judge the situation from the distance, but I think the conflicts came from too much time spent too close together.
    And like expect nothing said: things have changed a lot :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.