Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic monitor help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

wireland
    Participant

hey gang, i’m in desperate need of a new monitor, mine is on its last leg, and i need to replace it (fairly soon). anywho, i don’t really know much about monitor specs and such, all i’m really after is something a bit larger than the 17" i have now. i don’t watch alot of video, or play games and stuff, basically just use my machine for surfing, writing, and music. so what should i look for? i don’t know shit about dot pitch, and refresh rate and the like. are flat panels that much better than the old dog i have now? any advice would be greatly appreciated. keep in mind, i am not a super wealthy, money grubbing record exec, so cost is a factor……

Anthony
    Participant

i’ve never bought a monitor from these guys, but mostly everything else is fairly cheap.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=12″>http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications … p?CatId=12

check out the $57 monitor on the top.

wireland
    Participant

thanks anthony, nice site :)

Mattman
    Participant

I like NewEgg. I have bought from them many times and have never had any trouble and they always get my stuff to me in about 3 or 4 days (not counting weekends).

I’m have a Viewsonic P95F+, which is a 19" CRT (cathode ray tube, the big clunky, old-school style monitors) that I have been very happy with. They’re a somewhat higher quality among consumer level monitors and Newegg has them for $279 USD w/ free shipping (and it also comes in black). You could find 19"s for cheaper than that too, but be sure to look for some reviews so that you don’t buy an ultra-cheap one that’s gonna die in a year.

Flat-panels are very nice, especially since you don’t play games (some LCD’s don’t like certain games very much). A 17" LCD is roughly the same screen size as a 19" CRT (an 18" LCD is exactly the same screen size). Expect to pay roughly $400 USD for a 17" LCD though.

Hope that helps you some. 8)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.