Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Missing Dinosaur Jr Albums

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Rich
    Participant

Well this is the second time this happened to me, luckily its not as detremental as the first time, when I lost a lot of imports, and so forth, in the transition from living at my parents house to being homeless for a couple weeks.

But now I can’t find Green Mind, or Without A Sound(which has sentimental value, being the first Dino album I purchased),

I’m kind of upset because my computer just crashed, and I lost even the copys I had on it, So perhaps I will go download them to hold me over till I can go out and buy copy’s again(money’s pretty tight right now)but damn man I’m kinda pissed

Annastefka
    Participant

Well Hey, Rich, I haven’t even gone out to take a look at the reissue disk but I think I am going to buy it, even though, I have most of it already, I think It’s a good idea to support the man, eh? Green mind is just always a good idea. In fact I am going to put it on right this moment. Thanks for the great idea, the temperature is up near 80, the doors and the windows are all open, and all of our crazy single friends are hanging out. (thinking birthcontrol,an idea that is just to swell to ignore)

Green Mind, Green Mind, I suddenly feel as if I have channeled the spirit of Crazy cloud. Good Gosh, Rock out, donkey sauce, J mascis, I am in such a good mood that I even am behind the reunion at this very moment.

Subject to change at any moment, I think I love freakscene because it is such a distraction from the REAL WRITING I NEED TO BE DOING but procrastination is so much more fun.

Go buy another copy of Green Mind, when you can, you will just feel good
    about yourself and J will enjoy that $2.75 check that comes in the mail
    addressed to him.

Okay, I don’t know about J or his checks but I was helping a friend clean house last month and I found a check for $2.75, I said WTF, who would write such a teeny, tiny, check, and he told me it was the group that takes care of his record sales, something must have sold. I was surprised. :shock:

crazycloud
    Participant

i caint find green mind at the store, but they had it for sale at the j and the fog show i was at as well as the green mind t shirt on white.. maybe when they get the site rolling youll be able to get it there.. just try looking on the internet record stores that sell used records.. i found jayloumurph at a pawn shop once for 5 bucks./ :wink:

crazycloud
    Participant

check out the gas,food,rand lodging soundtrack for some bonus takes on green mind songs, and some great nick cave ballads… also a great flick featuring the mama from mothers mlk album.

Rich
    Participant

will do, and Anna, I know I’m supposed to be writing a lot of stuff, but my mind is blank, and Is only full at times when I am unable to write, when I’m walking home from work or times like those

Annastefka
    Participant

Hey, listening to greenmind at the moment, I mean not only is J a good musician but he is a mix master genius. The drums are played so hard and yet "put off in the distance" on certain songs. The whole is good. Wow. We all should have been so creative in our 20’s.

Rich
    Participant

wait a minute, I still am in my 20’s and my early 20’s I should do something with my life

Annastefka
    Participant

Go Rich, hindsight is 20/20. You are in the peak of your bloom.
    If you are unsure of what to do just "ask God" God is connected to your DNA on a cellular level, thats why Adam was called Adam (it is really just a play on the word Atom) your basic structure. Your basic structure will know just what to do. God has a plan that is easy for us to follow just connect and breath and live. Enjoy.

P.s. I still wish I knew why your ( you and cloud’s) avatars are so big and the
    baby and I are doing nursey on the down low small size.

Oh, as J just sang, It’s kinda of lame to let it slide, and you will need to pick up the disk if you can’t remember the most relevent next line.

P.s. i am glad Jeremiah changed his avatar because the skinny screaming guy and the older woman gave me a bad feeling. ( scared me, basically) now he is just a w with a slash, Thank God for that.

rambleon
    Participant
    Quote:
    We all should have been so creative in our 20’s.

or whenever … :)

Annastefka
    Participant

Amen, rambleon, God’s time is different for everyone.

God is subject to your own interpretation.

Is the sun down over there?

Rich
    Participant
    "Annastefka" wrote:
    Go Rich, hindsight is 20/20. You are in the peak of your bloom.
    If you are unsure of what to do just "ask God" God is connected to your DNA on a cellular level, thats why Adam was called Adam (it is really just a play on the word Atom) your basic structure. Your basic structure will know just what to do. God has a plan that is easy for us to follow just connect and breath and live. Enjoy.

P.s. I still wish I knew why your ( you and cloud’s) avatars are so big and the
    baby and I are doing nursey on the down low small size.

Oh, as J just sang, It’s kinda of lame to let it slide, and you will need to pick up the disk if you can’t remember the most relevent next line.

P.s. i am glad Jeremiah changed his avatar because the skinny screaming guy and the older woman gave me a bad feeling. ( scared me, basically) now he is just a w with a slash, Thank God for that.

I’ve been writing down a lot poetry lately, and sometimes I pick up the old guitar, I wish I had the time to dedicate myself to something like that, a lot of the greats didn’t do things on the side, they just made it thier goal, and spent all thier time on it, I need to be a Dharma Bum

bob
    Participant

I have a copy of green mind that skips during water and a copy of YLAOM that skips during kracked. anyone interested? trade or something

Annastefka
    Participant

Bob, that is a sucky trade, I mean come on, for real, or are you just kidding or a little drunk or what, just being a little silly, I mean it is Saturday night and all, mercury is still retrograde (again) is it?

Time to buy a new GREENMIND. That is the general feeling here.

Like the Manchurian Candidate, GO BUY NEW COPY OF GREEN MIND NOW!

Flying cloud happy, frog, unfry,come on down and do it now!!!!!!!

I mean, your copy really skips flipping throw that thing in the basura.

crazycloud
    Participant
    Quote:
    I’ve been writing down a lot poetry lately, and sometimes I pick up the old guitar, I wish I had the time to dedicate myself to something like that, a lot of the greats didn’t do things on the side, they just made it thier goal, and spent all thier time on it, I need to be a Dharma Bum

hey Snyquite a beatnick fanatic.. i love that book, i live near the famous matterhorn!! the characters in the books alterego also have some poetry of their own . check out Gary Snyder’s latest Danger on Peaks, and Lew Welch’s ring of bone for some damn good poetics…..
    oh and have you seen Kerouac’s book Some of the Dharma.. it is a beast.. kerouc coud write some really deep haiku’s,,,

oh and annastefka why dont you play song game?

Rich
    Participant
    "crazycloud" wrote:
    Quote:

hey Snyquite a beatnick fanatic.. i love that book, i live near the famous matterhorn!! the characters in the books alterego also have some poetry of their own . check out Gary Snyder’s latest Danger on Peaks, and Lew Welch’s ring of bone for some damn good poetics…..
    oh and have you seen Kerouac’s book Some of the Dharma.. it is a beast.. kerouc coud write some really deep haiku’s,,,

oh and annastefka why dont you play song game?

Thank’s I’ll be sure to check them out

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.