Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Mental Jukebox

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author

SG
    Participant

Years ago I used to listen to a radio show on the local college station,the guy used to play songs that popped up in his head through the week and on Sunday night he`d play the tunes that came up in his head.
    I thought this would be a good thread,it does`nt have to be songs your listening to currently,it could be songs you`ve had`nt heard in months.
    here`s what`s in my mental jukebox in the last 24 hours:
    Guided By Voices-Unleashed:the large hearted boy
    Dinosaur Jr-The Leper
    PJ Harvey-A Place Called Home
    Fastbacks-Impatience

maxini
    Participant

Right now there’s only one song in my mental jukebox:

My Bloody Valentine – You Made Me Realise

That’s gotta be the best song ever, but then again I tend to think that of a lot of different songs ..

malcom
    Participant

as much as I hate it, I’ve been wanting to hear "Breakfast a Tiffany’s" for a while, I’d kinda forgotten about that song.

jeremiah
    Keymaster

some odd tunes that have been popping up in my head lately
    pavement – Debris Slide
    hum – the pod
    pixies – Velouria
    smashing pumpkins – pennies
    slayer – Postmortem
    morbid angel – Blessed Are The Sick/Leading The Rats
    the theme song from breakin’ 2 (yes, electric boogaloo) – I have more moves than turbo, ozone or special k [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

AGAP
    Participant

Hey SG,

Cool topic [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

I have a couple stuck in my head over the last few days…

Modest Mouse…764-HERO the original mix

Hellacopters…Makes It Allright

Hydromatics…No Justice In Rock ‘N’ Roll

Getting kinda worried though, starting to hear these tunes out in public with no discman in site [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] Feel like I might start doing this stupid little dance that I feel compelled to do when I hear those songs…now that would be embarassing [img]images/smiles/converted/blush.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

Robert
    Participant

Now playing at RadioRobert:
    The Flaming Sideburns -Emotional Son
    Public Enemy -She Watch Channel Zero!
    Pavement -Box Elder
    Dead Kennedys -California Ãœber Alles

Allison thanks for the show info -will definetely check where in Sweden they’re playing to see if there’s any possibility to drag my ass down there [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I’m getting kinda worried too. I have started to loose my self completely when I’m using my portable md player -this causes me to stumble and walk into things when the songs really hit a soft spot in my heart. Must look hilarious to other people, but is most embarrasing!!

btw -can you confirm or deny this?

GASP ! SHOCK ! HORROR ! NICKE QUITS HYDRO !

Unfortunately Nick Royale has decided to call it a day with the Hydromatics as his incessant touring schedule with The Hellacopters doesn’t allow for any more sideproject activities.The band is currently solving this problem with some suitable temporary replacements, both for recording and playing live. Details follow shortly !.

Found at http://members.tripodnet.nl/hydromatics/hydronews.htm

SG
    Participant

Maxini-MBV`s You Made Me Realize is cool,but the MBV song I have in my head most times is When You Sleep.
    Jeremiah-Debris Slide is a catchy tune,The Pod is a cool tune,I like the part towards the end when he starts screaming,Velouria pops up in my head occassionally,but Monkey Gone To Heaven and Gigantic pop up more
    Allison-The Mouse is always catchy,ditto for the Hellacopters.
    Robert-Box Elder was the first Pavement song I ever heard.The DK song that I have in my head usually is Holiday In Cambodia.

maxini
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robert:
    <STRONG>-will definetely check where in Sweden they’re playing to see if there’s any possibility to drag my ass down there [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hey Robert, they’re playing here in Stockholm on october 13. Check out this
    link for more info. LOL, maybe I’ll see you there .. [img]images/smiles/converted/eek3.gif[/img] .. just gotta look out for some dude with a portable md player bumping into things [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Robert,

Yeah sadly I can confirm that, sucks that he’s not drumming for them anymore…he is a killer drummer. The Scott Asheton on drums rumor that was flying around was just that a rumor, so not sure who is going to be playing drums. No doubt it will be an incredible show. I am going to try and make it to Detroit in November…Asheton, Tek, Morgan and Gillespie on guitar playing together on one stage [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] Hope you guys enjoy the show.

People give me the strangest looks when I start doing that supid little dance with no discman in public places [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

Allison

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

The cd-player in den Buck’s mind is currently playing:

Madonna – Beautiful stranger

And I’m not even drunk, I think it’s just a case of too much work lately…..

Javro

Jeremiah – no one moves like turbo or ozone BLASPHEMOUR!

This week I ‘ave been mostly humming sad songs, as my co-habitee of the last three years may well leave me tonight. bitch.

so – Archers of Loaf – Chummin the Ocean
    Eagles – your lying fucking bitch slag eyes
    Chicago – I want you to know (you’re a death bitch from hell).

Will let you know if I am a single man on Monday. Either way I am going to bury myself in a mountain of good, hard, faithful booze. Yes siree.

Beninjam [img]images/smiles/converted/frown.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

Silkworm-Drunk
    Kristin Hersh-Sinkhole
    Sarah Vaughan-Glad To Be Unhappy

Robert
    Participant

Right now I’m cranking up the volume in my head and listening to:
    Bob Hund -Rundgång, Gräslök Fågelsång
    Motorpsycho -STG
    Johnny Cash -Ring Of Fire
    The PUSA -Peaches

SG
    Participant

Roland Kirk-A Stritch In Time
    Freakwater-Little Black Train

Robert
    Participant

Pippi Langstrømpe -a kid was singing it three days ago -now it wont leave me alone.

Motorpsycho -Nerve Tattoo (live Roskilde 98)

And…..my favourite nightmare…..Total Eclipse of the heart!!!!!! [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] get out of my mind you%/=?/%

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.