Home › Forums › General Discussions › Introductions › me
- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 21 years, 11 months ago by AGAP.
June 24, 2001 at 7:47 pm #44037
I thought it might be a good idea to introduce myself. My name is Susan, I’m 24 and I’ve been listening to Dinosaur Jr since I was 15.
I’ve never stopped loving their/J’s music but recently, after seeing J Mascis & the Fog play, I’ve been really into them again.
I tried to see Dinosaur Jr when I was 18 with fake ID but was rejected. [img]images/smiles/converted/frown.gif[/img] And then I saw them at Lollapalooza ’93, but it’s just not the same… festivals are way too chaotic and especially when you’re with a large group of friends who just want to party. So finally I saw J on May 3. My face hurt afterwards from smiling so much. I go to a lot of shows, but this was one of my favorites ever. I think because the music has been with me for so long… it’s like a part of my growing up. I didn’t know what to expect as far as Dinosaur Jr material, but when Little Fury Things was the 2nd song… [img]images/smiles/converted/jump.gif[/img]
The Vancouver show was so good (although LAL couldn’t make it across our stupid border) I had to drive all the way to Seattle the next night to see him again! I forced my boyfriend to come with me (he’s not much of a fan but really enjoyed the show anyway). The setlist was completely different which was cool. Before the show I was sitting about 3 feet away from J for over 1/2 hour, but was too shy to say hi. He was talking with a bunch of guys (one guy from Mudhoney) and he just really doesn’t seem to be the talkative type. When I walked past him later I sort of smiled but he looked away quickly. Oh well… So I guess that’s my story.. that’s how I ended up at this board; since the shows I haven’t been able to get enough J.June 25, 2001 at 3:26 pm #61045
Well hey again, thanks for the cool intro always nice to have some idea where people are coming from.
Great review of the show, 1st I have seen on the site from Vancouver…very cool.
ps don’t forget to set your timer on wednesday… [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)