Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Cale
    Participant

I am pretty new to the board, so let me introduce myself…I am 16 years old, and my name is Cale (obvisouly)…Don’t ask me where my parents found that name [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

Anyhow, I live in San Diego…I am not new to J/Dino., but I don’t have a very large collection of either…I mainly have been collecting NIRVANA material over the past years, which takes up most of my time…If you wanna see my page, check it out, it’s in my sig.
    Thanks for listening [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img],
    Cale

Halfman
    Participant

Cale,
    Welcome aboard, friend. I, too, do not own the complete collection of Dino/J albums. I have had or do have, Green Mind, Fossils, Where You Been, Whatever’s Cool With Me, The Japanese Ep called The Wagon and now Ear Bleeding Country.

Like others here will concur, I have not found a bad song of J’s yet. Still looking to round out my collection and especially so with the release of EBC.

Won’t spoil it totally but EBC has a tie between Nirvana and J. Check it out.

You will find many people here with divergent tastes and personalities. Don’t let that get in your way of getting to know folks and enjoying all what this site has to offer.
    Again, Cale, welcome [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Tom

SG
    Participant

Cale-welcome to the boards!hope you have fun here;don`t worry about not having all of Dino/J`s music,it takes time to put together a collection.

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

Yeah, don’t fret about not having the complete discography… just buy what you can when you find it and soon enough you[‘ll have more then enough.

Also, check out the FTP sites for some great live/rare tracks… Mmmm… [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

after tlaking to everyone here for a while I was beginning to think I was on the younger side of this group of people. It’s nice to see J’s music spans such a large age group and the next generation of young’uns dig him too! Welcome aboard matey [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Cale
    Participant

I thank you all for the very warm welcome. [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Siphonophora
    Participant

how young are you kurticus?

me, i’m 22. Um, think I have like Dino since I was about, um, 13 or so….

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

I’m 23 but feel like I’m eighteen [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] (yeah right, keep dreaming kurticus)
    Got into Dino Jr. around 15 I guess and still can’t get enough. I know exactly what everyone means about wearing out dino tapes. All my Dino tapes are shot, more action then they could handle I guess [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    I think the bulk of your average Dino fans are around 26 to 28, you know people who came of age as Dino was making it big (well "big" as far as dino goes that it is). Maybe I should set up an anonymous age poll and see just how correct this theory is. I figure the boards could give a pretty good representation of the Dino community. The last show I saw, I asked a guy to let me by…I was like "excuse me holmes" and he was totally suprised that I used the word "holmes". You know, he’d been in the profesional world for a while and had ceased using words like "holmes". Seemed like it was kind of nostalgic for him, taking him back to his younger years I guess. Sometimes people around here talk about stuff that I was still a little too young to really remember. lots of people talk about shows that I was too young to have seen (damn!). Maybe I’m just crazy, who knows.

Do you like Cali? I was there this summer for my first time and absolutely loved it. Flew into Oakland, had a day long tour of San Fran., did Highway 1 north and south, camped in Yosemite, cut through Death Valley (so frickin’ hot), and got some kicks on Route 666. So incredibly awesome! Could very easily see myself living west coast style for a while [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img] Would sure beat boring ass CO in O-HI-O
    Later, kurtis

[ November 10, 2001: Message edited by: kurticus7 ]

[ November 10, 2001: Message edited by: kurticus7 ]</p>

Cale
    Participant

Yeah, California is pretty good…I guess [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I wish there were more clubs here that I could go see shows at…They’re all 21+ [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Gideon
    Participant

Hi there my fellow under 20 year old Dino fan.
    Nice to know I’m not the only one.

Bye

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.