Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups man i really wanna go to kentucky

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jon
    Participant

so kentucky is the closest the guys will be comin again. i REALLY wanna go, but noone else does so here’s the deal… i would have to drive the whole way by myself and back. i wouldnt miss any work if i came back the next day (i have to go in that night, but i can go in whenever i want). someone said it would cost about 200 bucks in gas and that it would be cheaper to fly? i dont think we’ll ever get a chance after this tour to see them again… i need to make up my mind soon in case it sells out… if i decide to go should i get my ticket through ticketmaster or dino ticketing? what do you guys think? i should go, right?

bob
    Participant

you should go!

dino jr ticketing charges a stupid amount for shipping (uses UPS) so price them both out and my guess is TM will be cheaper

FlyingCloud
    Participant

yeah, go & have the time of your life! :D😀
    I hope you’ll find nice company, but if so or not, at least you’ll meet a bunch of cool Dinosaur Jr fans there :mrgreen:

lookitssam
    Participant
    "Flying Cloud" wrote:
    I hope you’ll find nice company, but if so or not, at least you’ll meet a bunch of cool Dinosaur Jr fans there :mrgreen:

Yea, I was suprised at the mix of people at the concert. Kids and older dudes. But they were all cool (even though I didn’t talk to anyone).

squeapler
    Participant

j fans are real nice, although i prefer to meet them at the smaller shows like fog and j solo, because these big dino gigs are just too crowded and bring out more of the casual fans.

but they’re very nice people, more so than a lot of the other bands i see.

Annastefka
    Participant

yeah, the last time J and the Fog played here, I put up a post and let folks know we had a place to stay (I wouldn’t do that on any other websight) we had four people I had never met stay overnight, ( I had never ‘met" anyone through the computer before) Both my husband and I had to be up and out the door in the morning so we left them breakfast, coffee and a note saying that we had a great time. They were so blown away that we trusted them to stay in our house without us. Okay for J and fog or J solo show but I agree with squealper, these reunion shows are sort of like mid-night mass on Christmas eve, you see all kinds of people you have never seen at any other mass. :roll:

lookitssam
    Participant

Thats far out. I guess it says alot about J fans

bob
    Participant

I remember a few years ago someone on here (or the dino mailing list) met some other fans (not from the list) at a show and they were really cool and had a nice evening but then when they left a bunch of rare SY merch got stolen. That’s too bad.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.