Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Madison show and setlist 10/19

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    marcoco
    Participant

I’ll post a complete setlist in order in a couple days. Traveling currently… First off, they sounded fantastic. Also, the new tunes are all excellent live, even songs I wasn’t excited about at first just really sounded great live (like Almost Fare, for example). Lou and Murph just sounded great on these, great bass and drum parts coming thru live. J played a killer extended solo on Forget the Swan. Biggest thing for me was how excellent the new material sounded, it was the highlight for me. Big crowd at this show, it looked full. We hung out close to Noel by the soundboard, which likely helped make it sound good in this smaller venue (700-800?). There was no encore tonight, however- Murph was sick and sounds like he yacked right after leaving the stage. Lou came out and said something about “our drummer is sick”, I couldn’t decipher it, though. So I talked to Noel after the show a bit, which was fun. Told him it sounded great and that the new tunes sounded great; he got the same vibe that the new stuff is being well received. Hope Murph’s stomach virus is short lived.

StackTrayce
    Participant

I was there as well, great show. I have been listening to the new album a bunch and was looking forward to hearing some songs from Bet On Sky done live. Watch the Corners and Pierce were great live, I was surprised that Almost Fare was one of the selections from the new album since it is one of the lest typical (in my mind) DJ songs on the album, not that that is a bad thing! Lou was great and very energetic and Murph and J were incredible as well. It was cool to hear J use some tones different from the album versions on some of the songs.
    One downside was I thought the vocals, especially J’s, were too quiet but that might have just been due to being right in front of J’s rig.
    I believe what Lou said at the end was something like “Sorry, no encore, our drummer is throwing up right now.”
    I also really enjoyed Lou’s little background about early days meeting J and then them playing a Deep Wound song, even though I fear that keeping up with that plus the long solo at the end of Swan may have been what pushed Murph over the edge 😉

marcoco
    Participant

So here’s the setlist:

See it on your side
    No bones
    Caring is rude
    Almost fare
    Start Choppin
    Don’t pretend you didn’t know
    Watch the corners
    Feel the pain
    What was that
    Budge
    Training ground (deep wound)
    Freakscene
    Raisins
    Forget the swan

StackTrayce
    Participant

Thanks for the setlist, seems I had some confusion over hearing Pierce, I’ve been listening to the new album nonstop this week and must have gotten overly excited 🙂
    Compared to the Farm show in Madison last tour I think they sound even better live now.
    This was definitely my favorite show this year.

marcoco
    Participant

I also saw them 3 years ago in support of Farm at this same venue as well. They seem to be playing with more energy now. Like they found the fountain of youth or something. Lou seems more into it and this album seems to highlight he and Murph’s dynamic, which I think was the highlight. Great show even w/out an encore.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.